Firewall Compliance Specialist
- Updating deployed rulesets to include accurate owner (SWCI) markings when requested
- Deletion of policies missed in other avenues
- Remediating missing logging where required
- Fixing firewalls failing to report properly to Tufin, Syslog, SNMP routing and management fixes
- Fixing firewalls failing to report properly to HPNA, these come up at times and is critical we get them into tools
- Deletion of orphaned objects
- Compliance and audit reaction, allowing us to gather data or materials or remove requested items or alterations to baseline deployments
- Baseline standardisation of deployed platforms
- Creation of diagrams based upon our documented standard for firewalls which may not presently be documented
- Bulk deployment
You'll be working in the Network Operations team which is responsible for the administration and stability of the global network monitoring solutions currently implemented. As a network administrator you will be responsible for standardising configuration and documenting and improving global firewall estate. The candidate will be working on 875 firewalls, ~100,000 deployed firewall rules, global work from Hong Kong, Sydney, Singapore to London, Europe and the Americas.
Who we're looking for?
- Fluent with network switches, routers, firewalls and other critical network devices.
- 1-3 years' experience in a corporate IT department who understands the criticality of maintaining network stability above all else
- Understanding of what a firewall is, how it provides protection to a network and basic concepts such as subnetting and IPv4 knowledge, SNMP, ICMP and Syslog .
- Tech stack – Palo Alto, Juniper, Ruleman, Tufin.
- Linux/UNIX skills (Bash shell, SSH)
- A level of info-sec or cybersecurity understanding is required
- Background in computing and exposure to network concepts
- A skilled communicator, able to explain complex technical issues and resolutions
- Able to interact with stakeholders, vendors and internal departments with ease (you have great people skills)
- Good organisation skills (coordinator)
- sysadmin background
- recently completed formal technical education course