You and your teammates are responsible for all aspects of delivering software to your users:
- Automating testing and deployment of small and frequent releases
- Speaking to the product owner and business on features and requirements
- Production availability of your service - if you build a service you own the service
Global Banking & Markets (GBM) is the "investment bank" for the client. The Global Foreign Exchange (GFX) business is a key component within client's GBM division. Our businesses generate millions of transactions across a range of financial markets. Our IT teams design and develop modern systems covering all aspects - trading in the markets, sales and customer tools, handling transactions and building financial and regulatory reporting.
Who we are:
What we do:
We deliver an in-house intraday risk management system for the Global Banking and Markets Foreign Exchange business. Our pods adhere to the DevOps ethos and work closely with the FX traders. Everyone in the team will develop and release components of the system into production.
Joining us, you will learn how to:
- Build a micro-service based solution and make it live
- Monitor production and keep it stable
- Foreign Exchange business operates
Who we're looking for?
- Familiar with TDD, continuous integration, jUnit, continuous deployment and testing
- Experience with REST and messaging technologies
- Understanding of DevOps practices
- English at least B2 level
- FX business knowledge an advantage, but focus is on technical skills
- Experience of working in an agile team
- Demonstrates a passion for software development outside of work through involvement in open source, working groups etc.