IT System Build Engineer
- Core requirement; is for the candidate to be methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail.
- Core requirement; is a motivated, self-directed individual that is driven and eager.
- You will lead and assist with migration activities for building our VDI infrastructure along with other associated and related tasks.
- You will have excellent communication skills and work effectively between numerous teams for the purposes of fixing complex issues, reporting problems to project leaders, dealing with business or senior managers or invoking vendor support arrangements.
- You have a keen eye for detail and will offer deep technical insight into vendor optimizations and best practices around performance enhancements, security, monitoring and other features to enhance the environment you're building out.
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members.
- Contribute to the functional testing, QA and failover testing of the new platform.
- Authoring and updating infrastructure, support and procedures documentation.
- Flexibility to work weekend and evening is required, whilst not a frequent occurrence we do expect your dedication to extend beyond the 9-5 when needed.
You will be working in the Global Hosted Services organisation. We are responsible for delivering end user business applications globally to our Microsoft desktop, server and RDS Xenapp estates.
Who we're looking for?
o Strong application migration experience using the following base products: Citrix XenApp 7.15, PVS 7.15, Windows Server 2016
o You must be a relentless troubleshooter for application and EUX issues on XenApp, digging deep into logs, registry, or debugging tools and working with other teams to unearth the root causes.
o Must have experience in the upgrade and migration of XenApp applications and servers in a complex environment including 5+ years experience of GPOs, farm policies and computer/user settings.
o Must know how to benchmark performance and execute testing comparisons.
o Minimum 5+ years' experience supporting a medium (200+ Server) Citrix Environment, regular exposure to complex root cause analysis based on multi-user application issues.
o Excellent practical knowledge and experience of App-V application streamingNICE TO HAVE
o Useful: FSLogix, VMware UEM and Numacent.