Senior Business Analyst
- Effective analysis, modeling and validation of requirements within a strategic application development project in the Credit Risk Domain of the bank Private Banking covering the data feeds for multiple applications from different divisions in order to enable:
o consistent stress testing calculation (Loan-to-value calculation, exposure calculation for derivatives, concentration risk calculation and transaction risk calculation).
o calculation of expected and unexpected credit losses.
o calculation of impairment provisions.
o Calculations of probability of default
- Understanding system flow, architecture and data models and contributing to application design and development based on business requirements in cooperation with software architects and requirements engineering team.
- Understanding system architecture limitations and providing support for key stakeholders in the business, requirements engineering, development, quality assurance and architecture teams.
- Software requirements analysis and providing additional support for software development team during implementation through use cases, flowcharts, UML and BPMN diagrams.
- Production and obtaining sign-off of requirements engineering deliverables (Interfaces Specifications, Use Cases, Use Case Model, Domain Object Model, Business Rule Specifications, Screen Specifications, Non Functional Requirements Specifications) on time and with high quality.
- Cooperation within multi-faceted team in line with Agile methodology.
- Effort estimations and efficient planning of System Analysis related tasks.
- Providing subject matter expertise and resolving issues that come up during the implementation and testing phases.
- Providing user training and support.
- As we value Scrum/Agile - you need to understand these methodologies and be prepared to promote and support them.
A successful candidate for the System Analyst role will join the highly regarded and global Credit Risk Private Banking IT team, with Wroclaw branch currently employing 30+ people. Team skillset includes business analysis, software development in Java and .NET, quality assurance, test management, project and program management and beyond.
The main projects are WMCLST - Wealth Management & Corporates Loan Stress Testing Calculation Engine and International Rating Models platform. The projects are delivered mainly from Wroclaw, where full application ownership is. New employee will get the chance take on a role with real responsibility, learn new skills and gain invaluable experience working with colleagues globally across the bank while being supported and mentored by both Project team and local Team Lead - all essential ingredients to fast track his or her career.
The Team is very diverse in both educational backgrounds and previous work experience. When hiring, we put stress on understanding candidate's past experience and how it can benefit the team as well as identifying potential of an individual that we would look to develop to the maximum.
The role gives you a chance to be part of reshaping the organization: from waterfall reality to business value oriented Agile/Scrum. Also, as part of the project team you will have opportunity to witness and put in place solutions for effective Risk Management in the Bank. Global environment (teams working in different locations) and complexity of the projects will keep you challenged, and you can always count on support from the local team!
The second project is IRMA: International Ratings Application, which delivers risk of default calculations.
Who we're looking for?
- 4-5 years of experience as Requirements Engineer in banking industry
- Outstanding communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Bank domain (Stress testing, calculations) knowledge.
- Experience in the full Software Development Lifecycle and BA's role in it.
- Knowledge of SQL, UML (structural and behavioral diagrams) is a must.
- Domain modeling skills, maintaining knowledge on the business domain model and relations between physical and logical models.
- Ability to work independently and to take end-to-end responsibility for assigned tasks.
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a distributed team.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Experience in international projects.
- Business analysis education/knowledge or competency proven by a certificate (eg. CBAP, etc.).
- Some development skills (understanding pseudocode but also experience with R, SAS, Python) are nice to have.