The role offers a hands-on engineering position responsible for development of high-performance .Net solutions in the Finance space. The key responsibilities are:
- Developing .Net solutions in Product Control and wider CFO IT
- Preparing tech design in assigned projects
- Cooperating with local Business Analysts and Developers on implementation of solutions in our tech stack
- Cooperating with other .Net Developers globally
Following recent cataclysmic events in the banking industry, governments and regulators are driving banks to transform their business models. The Bank has embraced these changes early and understands that sophisticated and demonstrable business controls need to be in place to ensure security of clients and investors and continued business success.
Product Control Information Technology (PCIT) professionals are at the sharp end of this transformation. The Product Control department is a major line of defense in guarding against potential breaches relating to the bank's trading activity and trade related information flows to financial and regulatory reporting.
The PCIT department is a diverse team of IT professionals with major footprints in Wroclaw, London, New York, Singapore, Raleigh and Pune. We deliver sophisticated software solutions to Product Control using enterprise technologies. It is a time of major change and investment in this area of the bank.
The successful candidate will work on several projects implementing technology solutions enabling Product Control to:
- Perform controls to minimize the risk of unauthorized and rogue trading.
- Verify the prices used to value the firm's trades and positions and ensure accurate to the market.
- Verify the firm's trading related Profit & Loss (P&L) and ensure it is complete, accurate and explainable.
- Verify the bank's trading related balance sheet is accurate in the firms General Ledger (GL) accounts.
- Perform disclosures reporting to regulators (e.g. ensuring that positions held on our books are transparent as to the reliability of their fair value and support other regulatory items such as Dodd Frank and Basel 3).
- Align to the bank's strategic investment, capital, restructuring and efficiency initiatives (LEP, SRP and more)
Who we're looking for?
- .NET (either C# or VB) - 3 yrs of experience
- Agile experience
- HTML 5 - rather nice -to-have because they may change the front-end
- DevOps is a major plus but still nice-to-have
- Understanding of financial industry and its data
- (Angular or React)
- Experience with performance tuning
- Good understanding of PL/SQL
- Micro services Architectures