Philip Morris International is a leading international tobacco company, with a diverse workforce of around 77,000 people who hail from every corner of the globe. We are dedicated to doing something very dramatic – we want to replace cigarettes with smoke-free products as fast as possible.
That's why we have a growing network of scientists, engineers, and technicians developing less harmful alternatives to cigarettes. We are modifying our entire business, utilising new, innovative solutions in the scope of all global operations, ranging from Artificial Intelligence, Big Data to Platform Engineering, Cloud Operations.
At PMI we see equal pay for equal work between women and men as the baseline standard for equality and we've confirmed that our actual pay practices match our good intentions with the Global Equal-Salary Certification. This certification by the independent is an important building block on the road to creating a more inclusive gender-balanced workplace. This certificate attests to the existence of a fair wage policy between women and men within a global organisation in all its subsidiaries around the world. PMI has become the first multinational to certify equal pay between women and men on a global level. It is one of the key elements of the successful transformation. The Equal Certificate is another award for Philip Morris in Poland, which for many years has been on the lists of the best employers in Poland and in the world.
PMI is a place where individual ideas are combined with transformational power, so that the tech solutions you design, develop and test can impact the entire international business.
Our information Technology team in PMI Service Center Europe (PMI SCE) in Cracow is a combination of technical mindset and skills, latest technologies, innovative solutions and customer-centricity. In our daily work we design our solutions through Design Thinking/UX/Lean Startup methods, focus on implementing working software by working following Agile/Scaled Agile or traditional Project Management frameworks and DevSecOps.
At PMI SCE you can choose from a variety of projects and departments:
- Technology & Platform Engineering
- Enterprise Data & Analytics (Data Engineering, Big Data, Data Science)
- Consumer, Corporate, Operations & Product functional platforms
- Domain and Solution Architects
- Functional Subject Matter Experts
- Scrum Masters / Delivery Leads
Our employees come from different corners of the world. At PMI SCE you will have the real impact, the technologies you develop will contribute to the transformation of the entire business.
Join us. #Make history.
- Data Analytics on PMI’s Data Lake platform (Big Data frameworks, Data science, AWS Cloud)
- Design and implementation of global omni-channel capabilities
- Automation of commercial activities leveraging Artificial Intelligence
- Implementation of private and hybrid cloud capabilities
- Automation of the cloud infrastructure deployment, monitoring and maintenances (IaaC Infrastructure as a Code/ SDI Software defined infrastructure).
- Containers tools and platforms like Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift
- Automation and CI/CD tools: Ansible, Jenkins
- Integration tools like: message brokers, API management, Dell Boomi, Kafka
- Cloud technologies and platforms: AWS & Azure
- Non-relational DBs: ElasticSearch, Hadoop, Cassandra
You’ll be able to learn, apply/use Big Data technologies and work in multidisciplinary SCRUM teams delivering products which support PMI’s decision-making process.
Kamil, Data Engineering
Being a Scrum Master / Delivery Lead at PMI Tech provides you with a unique opportunity to be at the center of our Transformation – both in terms of how we operate internally as a Fortune 500 company but most importantly in terms of the products we develop, produce and sell. The breadth and wealth of the experience and learning is mind-blowing
Wojciech, Project Management
Apart from joining highly experienced professionals, I also appreciate that PMI creates space for learning and feedback sharing. Offers great flexibility providing best digital tools. Here you will have possibility to share your ideas, develop professional and interpersonal skills
Giedre, User Experience Architect
You’ll join a highly skilled, globally distributed, team of engineers with a clear focus on process and infrastructure automation and monitoring. Working with the Public & Privet Cloud cutting-edge technologies you will have the chance to be part of the PMI SCE product/scrum teams with frequent contact with our customers, responsible for new projects architecture, deployments and the state of global service environments.
Piotr, Cloud Operations
How we work
How we manage our projects?
- Additional monitor
- OS X
- Personal container
- Freedom to pick your tools
- Open space
- Flexible working hours
- Tech supervisor
- Separate rooms
- Dress code
- Healthcare package
- Pension Plan
- Dental Care
- Life Insurance
- Multisport program
- Cultural benefits
- Discounter program (Discounter is a program in which its partners offer our employees discounts on their services and products.)
- Hot beverages
- Cold beverages
- Subsidized meals in two company canteens
- Further education and professional qualification support
- Technical and soft skills workshops
- On-line technical courses
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Social aid
- Optional company kindergarden
- Integration events
- Chill room
- Table socker
- Game room
- Silent room
- Gifts for life events (child birth, weeding, jubilee awards)