Technical Project Manager - API Integrations
- Develop integration requirements
- Ensure high quality integration development by closely overseeing third party consulting companies that perform the development
- Review and accept any completed integration development
- Provide technical support for external development teams that have questions on how to best integrate with Beekeeper
- Send proposed API improvements to our Product and Engineering teams
- Work with Product and Product Marketing during new feature rollouts, including feature positioning, customer beta testing, managing staged rollouts
As the Technical Project Manager you are responsible for working to plan, design and oversee development of integrations between Beekeeper software and other systems. The development work for most of these integrations will be done by third parties (external consulting companies). You are a key member of the Channel Partner Team with a technical background and competencies around integrations, solutions architecture and security.
The Technical Project Manager has hybrid reporting responsibilities. The role is a member of the Channel Partner Team, with the hiring manager being based in the United States. However, the Client Integration Engineer - API Specialist will also take technical direction and work closely with a Platform Development Team, called Stardust, that is based in Krakow.
You thrive on developing solutions and solving technical problems. You are a natural collaborator who can manage both internal and external stakeholders in a consultative and solution-oriented manner.
You will conduct technical discovery workshops, listening closely to the integration plans and advise on the optimal technical solutions for them. You will develop integration requirements and then oversee the development of the integrations. You are the central point of contact for all Beekeeper integration requirements and questions.
Who we're looking for?
What we look for in you:
- You are proficient with typical architectures & technologies around integration, e.g. SSO (especially SAML2.0), system synchronization (especially SFTP & batch workloads) as well as APIs (especially REST & SOAP) as well as consistently implement best practices in aligning different systems & architectures to work well together
- You possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to go a mile deep with technical customer resources or to explain the most basic capabilities to a business user
- You have excellent presentation skills for presenting both business oriented solutions and advanced technical concepts
- You have experience leading and crafting technical projects, engaging with, and motivating change across multiple levels of IT executives and organizations
- You have past experience working directly with Sales and Customer Success teams, Consultants, and System Integrators
- You have a bachelor's degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business.
- You have at least 5+ years of previous development, consulting, professional services or sales engineering experience
How we work?
- Healthcare package
- Leisure package
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Bicycle parking