- Establish a state of the art UI for a proprietary GIS and related topics (map widgets, admin tools, etc.)
- Collaborate with a team of highly motivated developers to turn a PoC into a stable production environment
- Translate business requirements into running software, that includes the chance to actively influencing the product roadmap
- Cooperate with product owners, business experts and data experts across all business units
- Bring the most recent technology to life on top of an existing application landscape
We are looking for a Frontend Developer and know how to build intuitive and appealing UIs. Be a part of the Real-Time Geosystems (RGS) team, which is industrializing IoT, GIS systems, complex event processing and other technologies to monitor Kuehne + Nagel freight using AWS cloud.
As a Frontend Developer, you will be responsible for the “Face to the customer”, i.e. you will be responsible for many decisions around the user interface, both technically and from a UX point of view. The transition from a proof of concept to production system allows for reevaluation of the existing code and implementation of new concepts. You will work on projects in the cloud environment with access to the latest technologies available. Your analytical approach, ability to learn quickly and innovative mindset will be key indicators of success.
Who we're looking for?
Your Skills and Experiences :
- 3+ years of professional experience developing JS applications
- You use any of popular front-end web or mobile frameworks including Angular, React, Vue or Ionic to build the presentation layer of your app (Angular preferred)
- Knowledge of Node.js, Webpack, Bootstrap, SASS
- Knowledge of chart and geo libraries like OpenLayers6
- Good understanding of REST and HTTP
- Experience with Linux, Bash, Git required
- AWS Cloud experience is an advantage
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Any other languages will be a plus