Provide technical assistance to customers using VitalQIP – the industry’s proven, open and scalable DDI solution including Domain Name System (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and IP address management (IPAM).
The Technical Support Engineer’s objective is to develop a dominant understanding of our product design, function, features and operation. The candidate must work in shifts with other engineers to service technical support calls for VitalQIP from over 300 customers around the world. The candidate must be able to interpret the customer's problems, review logs and files, ask diagnostic questions of the customer, review configuration changes, search for known issues, perform research, and identify defects. The candidate must also be able configure lab equipment to reproduce customer issues and be able to research product information and/or adjoining technology information. The candidate must be able to interact closely with the software designers if needed as well.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
- Receive and handle incoming email/telephone assistance requests.
- Provide installation support for customers and field support engineers.
- Analyze and resolve all issues associated with general operation and administration of the VitalQIP family of products. Provide information, workarounds or available fixes to resolve these issues.
- Identify and characterize product defects. Forward defect packages to Engineering.
- Provide support for internal department processes, systems or special projects, as required.
- Provide regular 24x5 support for customers around the world at three shifts throughout a 24-hour period
- Participate in weekend & holiday on-call rotation
Working in a 24x5 environment is critical to the success of the team and the satisfaction of customers. The candidate must be able to work well with other team members, receive constructive comments from others, assist in helping teammates, and contribute to the overall success of the team, rather than operate individually.
Who we're looking for?
- General technical requirements include:
- Windows and Unix system administration and troubleshooting.
- Network Topology – understanding of basic network design and operational principles and practices.
- Troubleshooting – ability to perform and communicate analysis on network management principles, applications and protocols.
- Database/SQL knowledge (Sybase/Oracle).
- Ability to troubleshoot Client Server and TCP/IP related issues.
- Strong understanding of DNS, DHCP and IPAM.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong English verbal and written skills.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Requires some experience with C/S, Networking or TCP/IP related issues.
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Hot beverages