- Developing native Android apps for international clients. We also do some Flutter, if you’re interested in that direction
- Collaborating directly with our clients while helping them build great products
- Cooperating closely with Android, iOS and web developers, as well as QA engineers, scrum masters and designers
- Participating in code review and pair programming as a part of your workflow
- Taking an active part in our learning and knowledge sharing culture
We are looking for Android Developer who will co-create modern mobile projects having a chance to work in domain diverse environments, cooperating closely with experienced team members and clients from all over the world.
When joining us, you will be a part of the Android competence team and the part of a dedicated project development team along with iOS Developers, QA’s, Scrum Master and Client himself.
About the job: technical
As Android developers, we love using Kotlin and do it whenever we can (well, as long as it’s an appropriate tool for the job). Writing unit tests is part of our daily workflow, not an afterthought. We’re also in the process of applying the same approach to functional testing.
We host our repositories on GitHub. Pull requests get reviewed by product team members. You can review other projects and platforms too! Every project has Bitrise CI hooks attached so actions such as pushes and pull requests trigger various automated workflows. We have a bunch of test devices in our office that are hooked up to a test farm (OpenSTF), which means we can use them remotely as well.
We don’t stick to a solution if it’s not working – we use tools to fit our needs, not to control us. Technical and architectural decisions are all up to you and your development team.
About the job: non-technical
The hierarchy in our organization is flat. That means we do things “bottom-up”- there’s no need to go through layers of management to solve a simple issue.
Depending on the project, your team contains other Android developers, other platform developers, a QA engineer, a designer, and a scrum master. Usually, a team sits in one room (there’s no open space!), which makes for excellent cooperation. We mostly work in Scrum with 1-2 week sprints (depending on the project), but we use it as a framework, not a process, meaning we adjust it to fit a project’s needs. As developers, we try not to do Agile, but be agile. We keep our product backlogs in Jira and our documentation in Confluence. We also use Google Suite, Trello and Slack.
We have weekly Android team meetings where we discuss both the technical and non-technical. If you wish to attend iOS or web team meetings instead, you are free to do so. Occasionally we also do joint meetings if we want to discuss general development topics.
What you get?
As Droids On Roids, we care about giving you a space to focus on your work always when you need it. We will provide you with a necessary equipment so you can work remotely during pandemic (MacBook, software and accessories). You’ll get access to private healthcare (Medicover), 26 paid days off & 30 paid days for sick leave (for B2B). With us, you’ll be able to develop your skills by taking part in internal workshops, internal projects and learning new technologies You’ll be given recurring training budget to use as you wish. If you are living outside of Wrocław, you’ll get 3000 PLN as a relocation bonus.
Who we're looking for?
- Proven commercial experience in developing native Android apps
- Solid knowledge of Kotlin and general Java environment
- Focus on writing clean and maintainable code
- Good experience with automated testing
- Experience in direct business communication
- Great communication skills and a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good written and spoken Polish
- Willingness to work from the office (Wrocław, Poland) during non-pandemic times
- Healthcare package
- Leisure package
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages