- Develop software enhancements and deliver projects supporting Client's corporate Finance and Operations systems.
- Responsible for delivering system upgrades and features supporting resiliency and capacity improvements, new business capabilities, investor and profit and loss automation and controls, and integration with internal and external vendors and services.
- Assist production operations with escalated troubleshooting needs to resolve production system incidents.
We are building a team to run technology, innovation and support for a world-class investment management institution. The scope of the applications and business areas covers applications and infrastructure support, trading, risk management and reporting, market data processing, market surveillance and intelligence, books keeping, reporting and more.
We are establishing a star team capable of facing the challenges of modern highly paced environments, lots of data, demand for top-class performance, availability and reliability. We utilize a wide stack of technologies and keep innovating and adopting new architectures and ways to retain leadership in the marketplace.
We are looking for bright people with engineering talent and highly proficient in their technological area, ready to continue learning and challenging the status quo as they work, willing to learn from mistakes and continue excelling.
This position is a dedicated and experienced software engineering and support role. The position will be part of a developer service team that will work collaboratively with business users to provide application software enhancements supporting Finance (accounting, accounts payable, financial reporting, audit), Human Resources, Payroll, and Operations (securities processing, settlement, cash management).
Business applications supported by this group will include real-time payment and supplier management processing, complex and multi-national financial accounting reporting and transaction automation, high-volume trade processing and prime broker reconciliations, trade affirmation venue integration, profit and loss statements, investor and fund accounting, and employee / payroll reporting and processing cycles.
Who we're looking for?
- At least 3 years of experience in ReactJS / Redux and/or overall very good experience working on one of the MVC/MVVM Frameworks like Angular, Ember, Polymer etc.
- Should have at least 3 years of experience in NodeJS + ExpressJS
- Strong experience with SQL and relational databases
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Knowledge of CSS pre-processors like SASS or LESS is necessary
- Knowledge of Functional Programming paradigm along with libraries like lodash, ramda as well as RxJS
- Should have knowledge of Test Driven Development and experience in Unit Testing frameworks like JEST, Mocha, Chai, Jasmine
- Experience in one of the build tools like Webpack, Gulp or Grunt
- Knowledge of micro services/messaging architecture or previous experience of building scalable enterprise systems are highly desirable
- Should be very strong in User Experience Design fundamentals and good knowledge in User-centric Design methodologies
- Knowledge of front end code optimization techniques
- In-depth knowledge of how browser works
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards while working with sensitive data
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills is a must
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience implementing Docker containers and deploying via standard CI/CD mechanisms such as Jenkins and Artifactory to OpenShift container platform.
- Finance or Trading Back Office