Hoist Finance is a trusted debt restructuring partner to international banks. In plain language this means that we purchase consumer bank loans that are not being repaid. In doing so, we free up resources and reduce risk for our partners, the banks, contributing to a stable financial system. We also support our customers, the debtors, in becoming debt-free through what we call amicable settlements. Our aim is to find a realistic payment plan in an open and respectful dialogue with the customer, so they can get back on their feet with dignity.
Hoist Finance employees are driven by a common purpose, to develop and foster long-term relationships built on mutual trust. With high ethical standards, compliance with the financial regulatory framework, and behaviour based on transparency and respect, we ensure that we earn the trust of our stakeholders every day.
If these are things that make your heart beat a little faster, then maybe Hoist Finance is the place for you. Working as a consultant to the Delivery Teams, you will have responsibility for ensuring Quality Management is driven into all phases of the delivery lifecycle and that testing isn’t simply an end of the line afterthought.
What Will I be Doing?
- Building a revised agile Software QA capability and approach from the ground up with autonomy to make decisions and set direction.
- Line management of QA team in the department; ensuring wellbeing, performance and ongoing development of skills and experience are managed. Acting as a mentor for all members of the QA team;
- Relationship manage our 3rd party technology partner to ensure they adopt the Hoist QA approach and standards and provide suitably skilled QA Analysts to supplement our internal teams.
- Lead testing methods, direction and techniques across the department;
- Identification and implementation of QA initiatives, tools (specifically for automation) and techniques to improve the way we approach our software delivery;
- Involvement in Root Cause Analysis for all escaped internal and external bugs, identifying and providing improvements to the product and processes;
- Promote a quality first culture and collaborate with development teams to implement methods which guarantee this;
- Work with project management on ensuring we can accurately track and schedule releases; Act as a mentor for all members of the QA team;
- Recognise risks, resourcing issues, and skill gaps in the teams and provide solutions or escalations to address them; Identifying skill gaps and suitable training needs across the department;
- Working to actively promote the company in talks/conferences/meetups/events;
- Review, identify and improve QA environment strategy;
Who we're looking for?
- Significant experience in defining QA Processes and Strategies, ideally within a multi-jurisdiction Financial Services environment.
- 2 years' experience in the line management of staff
- Minimum of 5 years commercial software testing experience
- Good understanding of ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119 standard and both V-model & Agile SDLC methodologies (ISTQB or BCS certificate would be an advantage)
- Adequate SQL skills to assess the test data quality
- Hands-on experience with REST API testing to verify the e2e data flow and evaluate corresponding automated testing frameworks architecture
- Front-end test automation skills with proven background in desktop and web applications testing to assess the provided tasks estimates, identify potential issues in the automation process, verify critical paths coverage and prioritise ongoing testing activities
- Experience in data migration projects would be a plus
- Experience in working with and managing 3rd party in an off-shore model
- Healthcare package
- Leisure package
- Hot beverages