As an Innovation Engineer, you will work on the design, development, and implementation of new systems and methodologies that will leverage, but are not limited, to Infrastructure as Code, Containers, Cloud, Blockchain, Quantum Computing, Big Data, Knowledge Graphs, Cyber Security, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team within GSK’s R&D Technology with experience in Entrepreneurship, Data Science and High-Performance Computing. Our members are passionate about technology innovation. Some hold multiple PhDs have worked in Silicon Valley (California) and at the IBM TJ Watson Research Centre (New York) for the US government. We have consistently delivered excellent results on mission-critical systems using scalable solutions and bleeding-edge technologies and methods. GSK leadership is leveraging us to ideate, create, and productionize novel, ground-breaking, high-value solutions for increasingly complex and critical challenges.
We expect that you will be able to work independently, if necessary, but also be a good team player to collaborate in the development and integration of solutions for our most challenging projects.
Who we're looking for?
- 3 years+ working experience as a Software Engineer or DevOps Engineer
- 3 years+ experience in deploying solutions on Cloud Platforms, preferably Azure or GCP
- Expertise with container technologies: Kubernetes, Helm, GitOps
- Experience in design, implementation and productionisation of large-scale systems
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Terraform, Ansible
- Knowledge and experience in using CI/CD suites: Azure and GCP DevOps, Jenkins
- Experience implementing container security best practices including image and cluster scanning
- Understanding of agile software delivery including analysis, enterprise dev and quality assurance
- Collaborative with strong communication and documentation skills, able to work dispersed teams
- Experience with automated infrastructure and code testing – Chef InSpec, code linters.
- Expertise with non-imperative paradigms – Scala, Haskell, F#, Typescript or Open Policy Access Rego
- Streaming data experience with technologies like Apache Kafka
- Experience operating in a highly regulated and secure environments
Exposure to Site Reliability Engineering is a plus as the role within the Innovation Team requires a comprehensive knowledge of not only software engineering but the operational side of application delivery. As an innovation team we often work on new and novel technologies that cannot be quickly transitioned into the regular support organization. With this in mind, we must incorporate and leverage monitoring technologies to alleviate the manual overhead of support. Finally, a knowledge of distributed and or virtual data storage systems would be a bonus in a hybrid cloud enterprise.
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Hot beverages