About this position:
As a Mobile Developer you will design, develop, test and maintain mobile applications for Aptiv Connected Services’ class-leading automotive business intelligence tool. You will work with Android USB interfaces, you will ideally be someone who is an Android developer who also understands hardware and electronics.
About Aptiv Connected Services and our project:
We are a new, independent division of Aptiv - we are a team who is a global provider of telematics and analytics solutions serving the transportation industry. We work with technologies such as big data, IoT, artificial intelligence, Embedded Linux platform, 5G networking, CI/CD/CM, and more. With teams working across the globe, Connected Services creates and delivers solutions that combine comprehensive data acquisition methods with powerful edge and cloud computing architecture resulting in an enterprise-class solution for fleet management, product development, connected vehicle and data exchange applications. Come join the Aptiv Connected Services team for a unique opportunity to work with and learn from experts, while also significantly contributing to the future of mobility! Mobility has the power to change the world, and we have the power to change mobility.
- Develop new features and perform maintenance for Android-based in-vehicle engineering / display tool.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams developing the world’s most advanced web-based automotive business intelligence tool.
- Investigate, root-cause and correct software issues across integrated hardware/software system (Vehicle Data Recorder device and USB-connected companion Android engineering / display tool).
- Modify existing software to correct errors, adapt to new hardware, and improve performance.
- Contribute to technical strategy and mentor junior team members.
- Develop, document, and conduct software system testing procedures.
- Help us advance mobility, save lives and improve our planet
- See effects of your work in showrooms of almost every car seller
- Learn new technologies thanks to the collaboration with our customers’ technical centers
Who we're looking for?
- At least 1+ years of dedicated Android application development experience.
- Experience with Android SDK and familiarity with Android’s UI/UX design principles, patterns and best practices.
- Strong working experience with object-oriented programming, specifically Java.
- Structured problem-solving skills and experience with debugging complex systems.
- Ability to design solutions to complex engineering problems.
- Familiar with Gradle, source code management tools (Git), and Android Studio.
- Ability to self-motivate and enjoy working in a high-energy, unstructured environment.
- Knowledge of mobile industry landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies.
What will make you stand out:
- Experience with Unix/Linux and C/C++ development are a strong plus.
- Experience with JSON and using APIs to integrate mobile applications with server-side systems.
- Familiar with UI design, data visualization, and user interaction experience.
- Experience with Kotlin, Apple iOS, or cross-platform mobile development are a plus.
- Familiar with database query languages such as SQL.
- Familiar with testing frameworks.
- Experience with continuous integration.
- Healthcare package
- Leisure package
- Hot beverages