How we work
- We use the newest technology. We utilize a local development environment based on Docker. We use WP CLI, CI/CD, and Gitlab. We engage in the OpenSource community by developer initiatives and actively support OpenSource solutions for Gutenberg: GutenbergJS and Gutenberg Cloud.
In the projects we work in the international teams with:
- the project manager who is the first person to contact the client
- UX/UI Designer who prepares all the needed assets and designs
- the tester who makes sure the quality and coherence are consistent with the project requirements
- developer who is responsible for the implementation
Joining Frontkom means
- PLN 9000-14000 PLN net + VAT on a B2B contract, or the equivalent in the employer’s cost on an employment contract. This amount will certainly grow with your experience and skills
- Work with colleagues from Lublin, Warsaw, Berlin, Oslo, Fredrikstad, and Funchal – in one of our offices or fully remotely
- Friendly onboarding process and mature working environment, "buddy" support from day one ("You'll never walk alone", even if you’re not a Liverpool fan)
- Opportunities to develop in small teams with experienced developers, with a stack-based on PHP7+ and Laravel/Drupal/WordPress. If you want to develop other PHP technologies then we will definitely find something for you. The "Nice-to-have skills" list below will tell you exactly how we work and in which areas we are increasing our competences
- Opportunity to develop towards React and/or Vue. If you want to stay in the world of CMS, we also offer Drupal training :)
- Opportunities to exchange knowledge and experience with other developers in the company within the technological guilds and events that we organize
- Participation in ambitious projects for clients from all over the world, from startups to mature businesses
- 20 days of paid holiday regardless of the type of contract (26 days if your glory days are behind you, as for many of us)
- English lessons with a native speaker, a well-equipped kitchen and other benefits (too much to list, but you’re joining us to work and develop yourself, not to go to the gym, right?)
- An office in Madeira (we bet you’ve just thought about team-building events – we like them too :) )
- full-stack web app architecture design
- development of WordPress based applications for international clients
- collaboration with a team of frontend and backend developers, testers and designers
- working and communicating with our Polish and international partners
Who we're looking for?
Required qualifications and skills
- Natural aptitude for problem-solving, supported by experience in the use of Google and StackOverflow
- Willingness to develop and share knowledge – the development of a programmer benefits the company!
- WordPress - at least 4 years of experience (or less if you manage to convince us that you are developing very fast)
- MySQL/MariaDB – SQL, indexes, foreign keys. We don't throw logic into databases and we don't do triggers or stored functions, but some basics are required
- NPM / Gulp - we love to make our work easier. We use various bundlers and boilerplates
- GIT – daily work with a repo, without more serious stunts
- Docker basics on an applicable level, really easy to grasp in a dozen or so hours of learning. We use a slightly modified Laradock
- English at a communicative level – we work with customers from all over the world and it is a must, but you can find out that the client could happen to have poorer command of English than us and not make an issue out of it. Inside the company we have good English skills (we have to, otherwise we wouldn't get along with people from Norway or Portugal), so there is a good chance that you will make up for any deficiencies quickly
- Initiative and ability to make decisions – we work with clients’ projects and aim to have a proactive approach
- General communicativeness and teamwork skills
- Hitting the right notes when singing at company events (unless you don't like singing at all and don't do it, then forget it, that's not an issue)
The technologies, skills and approaches we apply in our work other than already mentioned. You know them? Great! If you don't, we'll teach you:
- Design patterns, clean code and clean architecture (and that SOLID again!)
- Code review experience (we think this is a very important skill, both from the point of view of the code developer and the reviewer)
- WP REST APIs – we like it when something looks nice and transparent
- Gutenberg - not the one who invented print, but we appreciate you heard of him!
- CSS Grid - we know Flexbox is enough, but CSS Grid makes us able to create awwwards-ish pages!
- Scrum – we try to estimate how much time will be needed and for what, and then account for it at the end of the sprint, as well as justify the reason if it took a lot more time (true story, bro :()
- Experience in working with CI/CD (GitLab, Jenkins) – this is where you get to see what tests are for, right?
- More than minimal experience with Docker, docker-compose
- Application scalability
- good command of English to understand technical documentation (B1)
If you had any doubts at the beginning whether we can support you on your development path, then we hope you got rid of them by now. Send us your CV and portfolio. Should we think that there’s a chance we’ll get on well, we will contact you by phone. Everyone who takes part in an interview receives technical feedback within a few days, regardless of the outcome of the recruitment process. We are serious about what we do and hope we’ll find common ground.
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages