This role is for experienced Java developer to work within the Portfolio Trading team of Equities IT. This team develops the global portfolio-trading platform for Investment Bank. Portfolio trading provision is generally the strongest in the market and its technology is often cited as a major contributor to this.
The platform is internally developed as a three-tier architecture, with a C# GUI, Java Middle Tier and Sybase database, designed for low latency, resilience and scalability. It runs 6 days a week, 24 hours a day and with users in the major markets around the globe.
It is a service-oriented solution with more than 30 components that integrates with dozens of external systems, and that now is going through a massive and challenging process of redesign.
This role is for a person who is a team player, capable of developing business-critical software in an environment that requires flexibility and high productivity. Someone who is able with understand complex systems and has the technical skills to contribute to its evolution
The developer responsibilities include:
- Understand portfolio trading business process and workflow
- Develop the Java middle-tier. The majority of the development work is project based. We are going through fundamental changes in platform architecture.
- Adhere to high level of testing standards (unit/system/functional testing)
- Take ownership of the new component, function or a code change from the stage of initial analysis to successfully deployment to production environment
- Provide help with understanding of the complex application behavior to Opera production support team
- Be ready to deal with change management process (e.g., participate on the change meetings and verbally communicate your change to the risk manager, fill in required paperwork).
Who we're looking for?
- Java core (Java 8 or later)
- Ability to write clean code and improve legacy code
- Unit/automated testing
- Unix skills
- Relational databases (SQL, stored procedures)
- Kafka and data driven architectures
- FIX protocol and FIX engines
- performance monitoring and tuning.