GSK Tech Global Centre located in Poznan is the world’s largest GSK technology centre, hiring about 700 highly-skilled IT professionals. As Tech we are absolutely fundamental part of a science-led global healthcare company to help GSK discover, develop, manufacture and commercialize and sell our medicines and products. Our work makes a difference and in GSK we work with purpose to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
Join GSK Tech Global Centre in Poznan and work in an environment that empowers and inspires. Experiment and collab across multinational teams to bring innovation. Work as you like and where you like. Be you, feel good and keep growing!
Are you looking to expand your expertise in a network engineering role with automation in a global environment that allows you to keep pace with the speed of change? At GSK, we are transforming how new technologies are used to improve performance across the organization.
- Write and maintain software to solve complex network management and monitoring tasks, including: deploying and auditing configuration of network devices and monitoring network health with automated responses to alerts
- Write proper tests and documentation for all tools
- Collaborate with other teams to design and implement tools that help automate end-to-end processes that involve the network infrastructure
- Integrate existing open source software tools and participate in those open source projects in order to contribute any new features or bug fixes
- Create scripts that perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Resolve highly complex or critical incidents involving multiple enterprise services, lead and/or engage in Service Restoration and Root Cause Analysis Activities as required and identify opportunities for internal process enhancement
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization
Who we're looking for?
- 8+ years’ experience in a network engineering role, with automation/orchestration, using any of the following: Ansible, Python, API, Chef, Puppet, YAML
- Extensive knowledge of IP subnetting
- Solid understanding of: routing protocols (OSPF & EIGRP) and layer 2 protocols (STP, RSTP)
- Network monitoring and troubleshooting - SolarWinds, Cisco Prime, Wireshark
- Extensive technical experience using many of the following: Cisco routers ISR/ASR series routers, Cisco Catalyst switches – 3850, 4500, 6500, Cisco Nexus switches - 2K, 5K, 7K, 9K
- Extensive knowledge implementing and supporting DNS, SNMP, RADIUS, TACACS, SYSLOG
- Team leadership experience in a virtual / global team
- Experience with Cisco SD-WAN, IPSEC, GRE
- Experience with access control list (ACLs), VRF, Port Security, Traffic Shaping, Priority Queuing, Class of Service (CoS), and Quality of Service (QoS)
- Thorough understanding and 2+ years’ experience configuring IPSEC VPN, DMVPN, SSLVPN, or GET/VPN
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Hot beverages