Boclips is the small but mighty educational technology start-up. We build our products around tons of pre-selected educational videos to enhance and improve learning experiences around the world.
Engineering at Boclips
Boclips is a team of 35 across the world with a team of 14 in product, design, data and engineering.
The Role / Tasks
- We are all fullstack Software Engineers.
- We pair program a lot to share context, learn from each other and solve problems more quickly.
- We deliver continuously, which allows us to work in short cycles and ship code frequently.
- We use TDD. Following the red / green refactor cycle of Test-Driven Development is enjoyable and helps to keep everything in perspective. It helps us as engineers to think through a problem, detailing required functionality through tests.
- Domain-driven Design. Helps us keep things simple.
- Date. Gathering events from users' actions allows for better decisions on improvements and choosing new features.
- Automation. As a startup we're still in the phase of building and optimising our internal workflows. We're continuously looking at ways to automate back office tasks to make everyone happy.
Who we're looking for?
We believe in hiring for engineering aptitude over niche or deeply technical skills.
Nice to have / Tech Stack:
We leverage state of the art technologies to deliver our solutions.
- Microservices + Java + Continuous Delivery + DDD
- React and Redux on top of TypeScript
- Backends are JVM based with Spring Boot powered by Kotlin.
- Concourse CI automatically tests and packages all services into Docker containers, which get deployed on a cloud Kubernetes cluster in the end.
- Top level communication skills and in English!
- A well rounded understanding of how modern web applications operate
- Openness towards pair programming and TDD.
- Healthcare package
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages