At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it’s about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
This role will provide you the opportunity to lead key activities to progress your career.
The MES competency lead will be responsible for providing leadership and development of a team of GSK and strategic supplier support staff undertaking day to day support / ticketing, issue handling, enhancements, maintenance activities the MES application deployed to 10 GSK Vaccines sites in 8 countries. He or she will ensure the support strategy is in alignment with the overall Tech direction set by the product owners and the wider Tech organisation. That includes:
- Service Management Ownership and Governance: Serve as point of contact for service operations performance and support advice/expertise for product owners & directors.
- Lifecycle Demand Management: Ensure that requested work is aligned to agreed demand types and entered into a L2-L3 support demand backlog. Own, review and prioritise support demand backlog across all MES product lines. Supervise & ensure the capacity of the support team. Engages in experimentation and innovation to drive relentless improvement e.g. to UX/DQ/DI and reducing technical debt/risk.
- Availability Management: Negotiate with relevant parties in respect of major disruptions and/or amendments to the provision of services. Act as overall customer concern point and coordinator (as the need arises) for resolution of major outages. Define & coordinate management of privileged access management.
- Vendor and Business Relationship Management: Liaison with application vendors and the business to ensure vendor support services and licensing are suitable and maintained.
- Service Improvement: Identification of improvements & innovative solutions that can be applied across Tech to lower costs and provide value.
- Problem Management: Drive/lead individuals and teams through root cause analysis and any subsequent solution delivery across all products.
- Support Strategy: Maintain awareness of product backlog and future direction of product lines and continually assess impact on support demand and requirements.
- People Management: Provides coaching, mentoring, support direction and GSK process knowledge/expertise to support teams composed of GSK FTEs, strategic partners and software vendor.
- Delivery: Ensures continuous delivery of technology solutions from product roadmaps adopting agile and DevOps principles, fully aligned with GSK Security, Quality and Regulatory standards.
- Release: Gives to change control, release planning and testing strategy working closely with the product owners. Supplies and aligns solutions to the Tech roadmap, Target Architecture working closely with Architecture team
Who we're looking for?
- Master’s Degree - Technical degree eg. Engineering, Business Engineering, Information Technology
- Application configuration
- Solid Experience with ITIL
- Coordinating L2-L3 support teams
- Enterprise transactional systems (r.ex: MES, LIMS, SAP, Veeva ot others)
- Incident / ticket management
- Problem management & Root Cause Analysis
- Change control & Release management
- Good analysis & design skills, and solution-oriented thinking
- Self-confident/assertive/dynamic/motivated behavior
- Team leadership skills
- Superb communication, negotiation, influencing and partner management skills
- Customer focus and excellent problem-solving skills
- Fluent English (B2/C1)
- If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Post Graduate degree Technical Degree eg Engineering, Business Engineering, Information Technology
- Network, database, OS administration
- Experience in agile development and DevOps [of testing, build, deployment, CI/CD, etc.]
- Domain expertise with relevant business process (manufacturing)
- Manufacturing systems (f.ex: MES, SCADA)
- SAP Competency Center experience or similar (eg LIMS)
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Hot beverages