Our client is a leading global Financial Market data provider who runs several change programs to deliver high-quality software that connects Financial Markets across the globe in a real-time, high frequency, and low-latency data management chain. The projects are technically challenging in a very engaging environment making the most of cutting-edge technologies covering the domains of Real-Time, Big Data, Cloud, and Machine Learning.
The Transformation, Execution & Agility group works to transform the way Engineering teams deliver, perform and interact with our customers and partners, enabling digitalisation of the delivery process. The mission is to support the strategy by ensuring alignment of priorities to common goals are realized through the Scaled Agile Engineering Methodology and Performance Management.
We are currently looking for a talented Release Train Engineer to join our team. This role will align on delivery approach, tools and processes with other internal teams, sharing/ instilling SAFe practices, whilst supporting technology solutions initiatives where relevant.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Director of Product Delivery.
We are looking for a Release Train Engineer/Chief Scrum Master who has experience in running Agile Release Train within product organization, coordination, mentoring at least 6 teams, conducted PI planning events, Innovation & Planning, as well as Program Retrospectives, who is comfortable working with Senior Stakeholders, Product Management and has proven experience of establishing proper metrics, KPIs and assessments needed to keep ART on-track. On top of that, you are capable of responding to technical questions and putting in strong SAFe delivery practices across all required areas.
You will be primarily responsible for:
- Synchronizing 6+ teams to work on a single platform capability/feature or EPIC
- Driving continuous development, continuous improvements and innovation
- Managing risks and escalating impediments, while also acting as a full time Chief Scrum master for a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Ensuring consistency in predictability, quality and methodology
- Management reporting across delivery functions
- Being the point of escalation for delivery issues
- Maintaining positive employee and team experiences, teaching teams and scrum masters about the combination of Lean and Agile management practices and ideologies
- Creating and communicating the annual calendars for iterations and PIs; facilitating PI planning and readiness; summarizing and publishing PI objectives
- Monitoring and reporting on the success of the ART
Who we're looking for?
With a strong technical background and a natural ability to engage with stakeholders across the business, we are looking for a bright and ambitious Release Train Engineer/Chief Scrum Master with experience of:
- Technical background, ideally with 10+ years of professional IT delivery within Managed Services, IT outsourcing industry, Consultancy Experience.
- Hands-on experience with SAFe practices is a significant plus
- Hands-on experience in running Scrum of Scrums with full set of Agile Rituals
- Hands-on experience in backlog refinement and PI planning or similar to that
- Experience in leading and coaching cross-functional / distributed teams
- Experience in adopting the end-to-end service based on customer feedback as well as User Experience.
- Expert understanding of Agile delivery frameworks, processes, practices tools and why they are important, with strong understanding of digital product development, usage and application
- Similar experience to Lean Budgeting and capacity management
- Demonstrate experience of delivering Change Programs and Application Support services across multiple industries
- Experience in transformation from Waterfall to Agile
- Ability to lead key strategic initiatives and coordinate non-direct reports
- Experience in IB or Financial Services;