As a Network Engineer you will be primarily responsible for developing, testing, tuning and optimizing both new and existing LAN, WiFi and Security technologies within the Aptiv Global network. The role will involve a large degree of autonomy where the successful candidate will be able to work on their own initiative to drive PoC’s through planning and implementation while understanding the existing Global network, services and dependancies.
- Planning, setup and execution of PoC’s to implement new technologies within the Aptiv LAN and WiFi network. Cisco DNA for WiFi assurance, PoC SDAccess. Cisco Prime.
- Responsible for tuning and optimizing existing technologies within Aptiv, eg Cisco Prime, Ansible.
- Analyzing, documenting & modifying business-requirements, global business process proposals, as well as conducting trainings for end users.
- Acting as Subject Matter Expert of LAN technologies and IT management tools
- Supporting design sessions in prototyping new systems for the purpose of enhancing processes, operations, and information process flow. Facilitating the preparation and delivery of reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas.
- Collaborating in the planning, design, development, and deployment of scalable internetworks and multilayer-switched networks.
- Performing cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions
- Design and create advanced addressing, routing, security, multi-layered data center and enterprise architectures. This includes virtual private networking and wireless.
Who we're looking for?
- Hands-on experience in daily operational support of LAN (wire and wireless) equipment: installation, setup, configuration, troubleshooting (using Packet Capturing / Analytical tools e.g. WireShark / TCPdump, OpNET), monitoring network stability and performance (ensuring 24x7 operations and resolving service impacts as they occur),
- Strong experience in routing, switching, wireless, load balancers, SD-WAN solutions, DDI (DNS / DHCP / IPAM – preferably by making use of Infoblox) and Network Security (NAT / IPSEC / Access Lists / NAC / Network Authentication),
- Proven experience in wireless network implementation, reporting and site surveys,
- Experienced in network documentation authoring,
- Understanding of change management, testing requirements techniques and tools,
- Proven customer facing experience and technical project management,
- Min. Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as Computer Science or Computer Information Systems is preferred
- Field related Cisco certifications are highly preferred (CCIE Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert) CCNP/CCDP Cisco Certified Network/Design Professional.
- Healthcare package
- Leisure package
- Hot beverages