Enterprise Service Management & Global Operations (ESM&O) owns and is accountable for Enterprise Service Management ecosystem, Global Service Desk and Site Services. This Service Manager role will lead ESMO activities for 16 locations throughout Europe including Poland, Czech Republic, Austria, Greece, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania within the regional cluster. This covers all business units and users located within the GSK sites across this geography.
The purpose of this role is to ensure efficient delivery of ESMO services to all GSK employees enabling them to use technology effectively to perform their jobs and drive productivity realisation. This role partners with core tech service owners to ensure availability of services and minimize business disruption. This role will liaise with local BU tech teams to understand everchanging business needs changes and ensure the services are managed accordingly and appropriately.
To deliver value and drive progress the Service Manager will collaborate with multiple people including: Deskside Support Engineers, Project Managers, Release Managers, and numerous other colleagues throughout the ESMO set up.
To succeed, the role holder will need to be a skilled Service Manager, a collaborator and influencer with the ability to partner with professionals from other subject domains.
The Service Manager should possess deep experience of industry technologies, practices, frameworks and tools such as: ITIL V3 knowledge (Certification desirable), previous hands on IT Infrastructure experience – (Microsoft & Windows knowledge), strong analytical skills – particularly in drawing conclusions when analysing ServiceNow data, strong problem solving skills and excellent stakeholder management skills.
You will also exhibit exceptional Service Management skills – working with strategic partners service teams to ensure managed services are delivered efficiently, effectively and exemplary to all end users across the site/markets in this role scope. This will enable you to build a collaborative network across multiple business stakeholders and tech partners to identify, plan and execute service improvements.
Who we're looking for?
We are looking for engineers with these required skills to achieve our goal
- 5+ years of Tech Infrastructure Support experience
- Proven experience of working efficiently in a cross functional and often remote team.
- ITIL v3 knowledge and strong service management experience/background.
- Strong analytical skills – particularly in drawing conclusions when analysing ServiceNow data.
- Strong experience working with ServiceNow.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Fluent English language skills (verbal and written)
- Strong communication skills and customer relationship management.
- Good project management and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience working with vendor management and managed service providers.
If you have the following skills and experience, it would be a plus:
- ITIL v3 certification
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Hot beverages