You'll be working in the Investment Banking Operations team within Technology Operations Center (TOC) Application Support. The TOC Application Support covers both front-office and back-office functions. The TOC is chartered with ensuring stability of the production environment and is the gatekeeper that ensures that only properly tested and planned changes are implemented. Globally, the team is split into two groups; 1) the Level 2 Application Support group and 2) the Service Transition Team that provides Change and Release planning, deployment, and post implementation verification.
TOC IB Operations is a global team provide support highly critical back office functions such as settlement and confirmations, regulatory reporting, collateral valuations for various products within Investment Banking portfolio.
- serve as the IT Support Analyst for the Business application support within Technology Operations Center (TOC) team
- face off to senior Operations, Development, Infrastructure staff as well as 3rd party support vendor and work to forge solid relationships with these teams
- challenge the status quo and work to improve the support model used by the regional / global support teams
- provide incident, problem and event management according to ITIL standards
- ensure all capacity issues are addressed and applications are tested annually for Disaster Recovery
- provide environment planning and ensure all end-of-life technologies have a remediation plan
- assist with work driver and alert reduction efforts across the application portfolio
Who we're looking for?
- 5+ years with an Investment Bank or Financial Institution working for a Level 2 support team
- solid Linux / Unix skills, Shell or Perl scripting experience and understand Autosys and MQ/EMS technologies
- Good working knowledge of PostgreSQL or Oracle Database
- Understanding on one of the following: Cloudera/Hadoop or Cassandra or MS Azure
- good understanding of high availability architectures
- ability to lead a team, stakeholder management, project management and relationship skills
- a continuous improvement mindset with proven success in this area
- complete understanding of the ITIL Service Framework (incident, problem, release and event management)
- a confident communicator that can explain complex technical issues to non-technical and senior stakeholder audiences
- proven incident & crisis manager with the ability to perform under pressure
- able to take ownership of issues and drive through to completion
- experience working on Splunk and AppDynamics is preferred
- knowledge of Trade Lifecycle, Asset classes in Investment Banking and regulatory reporting obligations will be an added advantage
– Understanding of Cloud Technology. Knowledge of Microsoft Azure would be a bonus.