Our client is a leading global Financial markets data provider runs a number of change programs to deliver of high-quality software that connects Financial Markets across the glob in a real-time, high frequency and low-latency data management chain. The projects are technically challenging in an environment that is very engaging.
- Assigned to one or multiple systems/subsystems design, development and support
- Work with Project Manager, Product Manager, Business Analytics, and other stakeholders, to ensure high quality software deliveries on time
- Work with Technical Operation system to ensure the service stability, and quick turn-around for production issue within acceptable time period (SLA)
- Make sure the completion of the objectives assigned within the agreed timeframe
- Organize the implementation and test cross-functional systems, and ensure delivered system meets clients and business needs functionally and non-functionally
- Review design, code, implementation and test cases, of own work, or work of colleagues, to ensure compliance to requirements and architectural specifications.
- Work with project team to make modifications to existing software applications, or to develop and integrate new applications according to specifications and industry standards.
- Liaise with colleagues in sites overseas, and internal customers on trouble shooting, analysis and solution on maintenance / support issues.
- Research new and emerging technologies. Evaluate and make recommendations for new tools, technologies, and platforms to be implemented
- Promote internal knowledge sharing and support mutual growth of team members.
Who we're looking for?
Technical and/or Functional skills
- Java development experience 3+ years
- Open and willing to learn new technologies
- Strong Java knowledge
- Should be ready to work with cloud
- Good understanding of design patterns
- Experience on Java development and troubleshooting.
- Experience in implementing REST API standards via data access layer
- Strong debug and troubleshooting experience (Linux, Windows)
- Development / networking skills using IP based protocols (TCP, UDP, HTTP, etc.), and exposure to any middleware is a plus.
- Provide continuous support and willing to shift work time to fit the needs where the service requested from different time zone. Strong sense of core system support and customer satisfaction.
- Excellent communication skills, including technical writing and presentation, oral communication in English (Writing in English is a primary function of this role). Ability to work with people at all levels, and comfortable in cross-cultural environment
- Self-managed. Good timekeeper
- Experience in Python, Shell, etc. development and troubleshooting
- Experience in AWS, and / or other Cloud Computing platform
- Linux based Real Time or latency-sensitive system development experience is a plus
- A proactive team player, capability to work in dynamic environment, under pressure (scope, schedule, quality). Ability to work under tight deadlines with high stress tolerance and potentially overtime with advance notice from management.
- Independence and strong sense of ownership to solve problems. Accountability for quality
- Can work on multiple projects at the same time
- Willing to share experience to develop other people
- Willing to work late for teleconference with overseas colleagues occasionally. Capable to provide technical support via phone, IME, etc., to First / Second level support, around the clock.
- Professional experience / knowledge will be an advantage: Project Management, Data Network communication, Financial Market Industry is a big plus
- Quick learner and ability to quickly grasp technical / business concepts. Meticulous and attentive to details. Ability to solve problems in real-time production systems
- Optimistic, and open-minded.