Senior Test Automation Engineer - Global Search
- In Harman Automotive we are bringing the software Automotive industry to the next level!
- We do this by working with the best car manufactures on the globe, on functionalities and features that will be on the market in the future, with engaging methodologies and tools.
- All above is taking place in Lodz along with other Harman locations. With our team of 300 employees, we want to integrate people who appreciate quality, creativity, and teamwork.
- Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics like infotainment systems, telematics or ADAS.
All of this is done by people like You.
Do you want to be a part of the future?
- As a member of the Global Search Team you will enable our platform and applications in their update life-cycle and thereby build one of the most important and core features of our upcoming infotainment system.
- In the agile development team you will design, implement, integrate and test your code. You will be part of a larger software organization with hundreds of other Software Engineers.
- As a Global Search Team member you will develop middle-ware components allowing the car and platform system modules to gather requested information from car's native applications and backed one, aggregate them and present to end user - driver, passenger or co-driver. Global Search is written in C++ in Linux environment. It is utilizing native platform APIs and thrift interfaces. GLS is important feature of user centric infotainment system.
- In this role you will be able to utilize your experience and expertise with the setting up test environment, writing automated component tests according to feature requirements, be a part of the development team where code is typically written in have C++ based on Linux operating system. You will make use modern tools, technologies, engineering practices and methodologies.
Who we're looking for?
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Communication Technology or a comparable qualification
- High proficiency in Software Testing +5 years
- High proficiency in OOP Python +5 years
- Experience in C++ Linux programming.
- Few years of experience with test automation
- Few years of experience working with agile teams (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience in Linux or Unix environments, including ability to use shell scripting and regular expressions.
- Experience with test-automation and test-management tools (BDD, data driven, keyword driven)
- Experience with Git, Gitlab
- Experience with code reviews, critiques, and patches, in both directions.
- Capability of hands-on UI testing experience.
- Solid understanding of testing SW systems in at least one field (embedded, backend or mobile)
Nice to have:
- Basic knowledge of infotainment and telematics testing and test management
- Having experience in API testing is a plus
- Having experience in Docker is a plus
- Experience in Robot Framework automation
- Experience with Qt and Squish is a plus
- Experience in Xray is a plus
- DevOps lifecycle experience is a plus
- Experience in automotive SW testing is a plus
- Experience with in-vehicle infotainment systems
- Open-Source Background
- Well-developed communication and teamwork skills
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
- Hands-on mentality
- Continuous learning attitude
- Fluent in English (B2 min),
- German is a plus!
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Language courses