To support our mission, we are looking for an experienced and passionate Data Engineer who will demonstrate Technical and people Leadership, Innovation and Strategy, contribute within and across product teams and be accountable for the technical thought leadership for solution design, implementation & continuous improvement of R&D Tech Medical systems. This is a hands-on position where you will be empowered to be creative, innovative and bold in designing solutions that translate into direct impact on the business and on patients.
The Engineer is a “T-Shaped” role demonstrating both depth and breadth across key engineer competencies e.g. Software Development, Testing, DevOps, Data Architecture, Data Analytics, Lifecycle Management, etc. and the ability to successfully collaborate with experts from other subject domains.
In addition, this role will demonstrate core engineer knowledge/experience of industry technologies, practices and frameworks such as Test Automation tools, Development tools, Cloud-based platforms, Containerization and Data Exchange / Data Streaming Technologies. Examples include GIT, Jenkins, Jira, Azure DevOps, Selenium, JUnit/NUnit, Scrum/SAFe, Python, Docker, R, Databricks, Apache Spark & PySpark, Azure/GCP/AWS, JAVA, etc. This role will lead agile teams in alignment with agile and DevOps principles, partnering with Architecture Director, Product Director, Product Owners and others across R&D and Tech to deliver maximum value to our customers.
- Provide leadership, technical thought leadership, direction and GSK expertise to product teams composed of GSK FTEs, strategic partners and software vendors. Partner with other Technical Groups to understand and design potential data interfaces
- Support Product Owners to lead product teams to deliver value continuously, fostering and maintaining close links with customers and related Solution groups.
- Contribute to release planning and Product roadmaps, partnering with Product Owners and Product Director
- Proactively develop and deliver continuous improvement/simplification of Product portfolio to enhance user productivity, increase system reliability and reduce the total cost of ownership
- Proactively engage in experimentation and innovation to drive relentless improvement e.g. to UX/DQ/DI and reducing technical debt/risk
- Contribute and align solutions to the Target Architecture working closely with Enterprise Architecture team
- Ensure that technical delivery is fully compliant with GSK Security, Quality and Regulatory standards
- Ensure use of relevant R&D Tech / central services and collaborating with service partners in identification and delivery of service improvements
- Ensure continuity of business execution i.e. operational support for relevant applications
- Author and maintain relevant technical documentation in support of the lifecycle plan for audits/reviews.
- Line and/or indirect management of up to 20 staff and 3rd party resources.
Who we're looking for?
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software development ( 2 years in Python), architecture design (e.g. SOA) & technology platforms/frameworks
- Minimum 5 years of experience in data engineering (DataFactory, Databricks, SQL Server DB, Power BI, familiarity with APIs and Cognitive Services available on the Azure platform, particularly those for data enrichment).
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Cloud technologies (preferred Azure).
- Familiarity with Apache Spark & PySpark
- Demonstrated experience with Agile, DevOps & Automation (test, build, deploy, CI/CD, etc.)
- Computer Science or related bachelor’s degree
- Experience in agile development and DevOps & ITIL, relevant technology platforms [e.g. Kubernetes] and frameworks [e.g. Docker] including cloud technologies & data structures (i.e. information management), data models or relational database design
- Experience of Pharmaceuticals processes and systems, particularly those supporting Clinical or Medical
- Experience with dashboards, Data Visualization or Business Intelligence tools
- Experience working with streaming data analytics
- Experience navigating data privacy laws, such as HIPAA & GDPR.
- Experience leading global development teams
- Experience implementing 3rd party solutions (cloud and on-prem)
- Experience with security strategies and best practices, data integration mechanisms, architectural design tools, delivering and integrating COTS applications, areas of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Application Integration, Business Process Management and Data Quality.
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Hot beverages