Cloud Software Engineer
Sabre is a company full of passionate experts who work on delivering outstanding travel industry solutions. Whether you travel to connect with your friends or family, go abroad to learn about other cultures or for business - you connect with other people in a special way. We are looking for people who will help us improve the world by making travel more convenient and affordable.
Our teams provide a technical platform for Sabre product teams. The technical platform gives product teams the freedom to deploy enhancements multiple times per week. Teams are able to deliver new features from concept to production in days. It's possible because the Platform as a Service that we offer solves common issues like autoscaling, log aggregation, metrics collection and analysis, transaction tracing, messaging. We utilize Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, EFK, Kafka/Strimzi, Istio, AWS. We’re also very keen on open source. We contribute to some of the technologies listed above as well as publishing other things we’d like to share on our GitHub account. Each member gets time to “Sharpen the Saw”, to play with new toys or technologies. We take pride in delivering high-quality software in the Cloud.
For you DevOps it is more than a job, it’s also your hobby and passion. With a background in development, operations, and R&D you know what it takes to design, automate and support cloud deployments. With a sense of urgency, you are able to deliver high-quality solutions. You quickly learn new skills and then apply them to the problem at hand. You bring passion, enthusiasm and technical proficiencies to our team.
You will be a part of a team:
- Building our platform for running Microservices, and Containerized Apps in the Cloud
- Developing Cloud solutions including PaaS, CI/CD, Messaging.
- Participating in the Open Source products evaluation, analysis, configuration according to the Sabre requirements
- Utilizing Agile to deliver high-quality, reactive solutions, with a keen eye for scalability and reliability
- Training other teams to run their products using our Platform,
- Acting as a technical consultant and advocate for the NGP System Services
- Applying fundamental skills, concepts, and practices to solve difficult assignments
Who we're looking for?
- Experience working on containerization-based technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes / OpenShift
- Strong scripting capabilities (e.g. Bash, Python) or programming with Java
- Experience with software build tools (e.g. Maven) and continuous integration and continuous deployment tools (e.g. Jenkins, Nexus) and provisioning (e.g. Ansible)
- Knowledge of Linux
- Familiarity with Cloud Native Applications design patterns and best practices
- Experience completing automation projects, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Infrastructure as Code
- Experience in Agile and DevOps culture
- Positive attitude, attention to detail, a team player, excellent problem-solving skills, and strong work ethic
- Experience using cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in exposing and consuming REST, gRPC services
- Experience in API Gateways / API Portals such as APIGee
- Knowledge of Kafka, ActiveMQ or other messaging products
- Experience in ElasticSearch, Kibana, Prometheus, Graphana, Splunk, Jaeger
- Knowledge of Vagrant, Chef or Puppet
- Experience in NoSQL databases such as Couchbase, Cassandra
How we work?
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages
- Cold beverages