One of world top investment banks decided to migrate its infrastructure to Azure. The bank has more than 1000 different applications, and development teams which support those applications are mostly not well familiar with Azure, they need some help. It was decided to build a team of Senior DevOps who would consult and help application development teams to migrate to Azure. The DevOps team will also build a repository of widely used artifacts (scripts, knowledge base, etc.) to facilitate in migration and reuse some components in different projects. While migration of individual application to Azure might take a few months, the entire initiative will span over a few years, as many applications need to undergo significant upgrade before migration to Azure is possible.
- Accelerating teams' adoption of cloud, delivering the 'firsts' (build deploy pipeline, containers, database, logging, monitoring, security), delivering an end to end slice into production and drive strategic architecture on public cloud services.
- Co-delivering/consulting and upskilling other application team members to implement the foundations for success
- Applying best development and DevOps practices and effectively utilizing technologies to reduce teams' efforts required for Azure migration
Who we're looking for?
- Experience with Microsoft Azure (preferable) or other major cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud)
- Advanced skills of container orchestration management with Docker, Kubernetes and Helm
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools, like Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, TeamCity etc.
- Experience of working with Git and repositories (Github, Gitlab)
- Practical skills in Infrastructure-as-code, using tools such as Terraform, ARM or CloudFormation
- Confident Linux user with ability to develop shell scripts, etc.
- Familiarity with agile development practices (Scrum, Kanban)