Sabre Hospitality Solutions is a division of Sabre dedicated to serving hotel customers, providing them with multiple booking platforms, call center services, property management systems, central reservation systems, and connectivity solutions to hundreds of global internet booking channels. Sabre Hospitality is looking for an experienced and talented Software QA Engineer to join the Hospitality team.
Software Development Engineer in Test
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) helps deliver the quality and performance of large scale, big data, custom hardware multi-platform software products that includes; web, API and mobile application interfaces. Incumbents in this position are experienced, hands on and self-motivated engineer who can work collaboratively in a continuous integration environment. This role involves working closely with Software Developers that includes leveraging shift-left methods to understand a complex domain and product. The Senior SDET focuses on contributing to the development of automated Functional Integration tests and end-to-end tests through open source test frameworks for overall system testing within an Agile environment. This position will work under limited supervision and direction.
- Tests complex API, web and mobile based applications that reference database back-end systems.
- Creates and maintains automated test cases, executes test suites, reviews and diagnoses reported bugs, and ensures overall system quality prior to a customer release.
- Designs, develops, maintains, and troubleshoots automated suites of tests through continuous integration for value added feedback.
- Works with the engineering teams to derive testing requirements throughout the development cycle.
- Reproduces, debugs, and isolates problems and verify fixes.
- Works closely with software developers to create software artifacts including test plans, test cases, test procedures and test reports.
- Works across cross functional engineering and product teams in a disciplined agile environment.
- Estimates own testing tasks and works productively with minimum supervision while showing excellent team attitude.
- Represents team leadership and provides technical guidance and training to junior test personnel.
- Participates in the performance testing and analysis framework for a web services architecture containing ESB, BPM, and associated back-end applications.
Who we're looking for?
- Minimum of three years of experience, preferably in either a Software Development Engineer or (SDET) Software Development Engineer in Test role.
- Must have an understanding and ability to develop code in .Net or Java.
- Strong experience in API testing from SOAP, RESTful is required. Strong experience with XML, Databases and SQL.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to analyze complex problems in large systems.
- Experience with Test processes, open source test frameworks, test design strategies, writing test cases, and automating tests in Java or .Net with frameworks like Junit/Nunit/TestNG, Selenium, JMeter is preferred.
- Must be detail oriented, analytical, and creative thinker with passion for quality and test automation. Strong collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Experience leading ambiguous situations, dealing with technical issues, and coming up with effective solutions to ensure customer project deliverables. Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration systems.
- Experience with tools & applications such as JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Git and Artifactory/Maven.
- Must have previous experience with requirements, defect, functional, and performance management systems.
- Previous hospitality or travel industry experience preferred, not required.
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Adaptation tips
- Language courses