Rockwell Automation is looking for an innovative engineer to join our global Software and Control organization.
You will be part of the Customer Response Team, with a focus on development and test of embedded software intended to address and repair issues experienced by customers on programmable logic controllers (PLCs). You will also contribute to the overall product process and tools.
An ideal candidate will exhibit the ability to flex between product software development and test activities. Given tightly coupled hardware and software in our products, previous embedded software experience is a plus.
- Develop embedded software for Programmable Logic Controllers
- Build and maintain automated tests in support of new and existing product features
- Work in a variety of hardware and software environments, ranging from commercial off-the-shelf to custom System on Chip architectures, and from general purpose to embedded real-time operating systems
- Use modern continuous integration and development tools, and promote continuous improvement of tools and practices across the global development organization
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of object-oriented programming concepts, C++ and Python are preferred
- Operate across the entire software development life cycle: requirements management, design, implementation, test, release, and maintenance
Who we're looking for?
- Experience developing software and automated tests and tools in object-oriented languages such as C++ or Python
- Ability to understand and apply knowledge of object-oriented analysis, design, and programming techniques
- Experience with automation frameworks and tools development
- Experience in requirements decomposition and test traceability
- Experience in using open source tools like Git and Jenkins
- Knowledge of unit testing using tools like CppUnit, unittest, etc.
- Experience with continuous integration environments, automated test, and acceptance testing
- Experience working in a Kanban environment
- Advanced courses or degree in engineering, computer science, or controls
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking