Manual Embedded Software Test Engineer
Known salary range
- FARA is a leading supplier of IT solutions to the public transport sector. We deliver solutions and products providing real-time information to efficiently solve the different needs of the stakeholders in the sector. Our intelligent and easy-to-use systems contribute to a more efficient transit service, increased quality and better safety.
- In 2019, FARA joined Ticketer, the UK’s market leader in bus ticketing technology, bringing together two companies with a strong joint mission; to make travel easy. Together, we are called the Ticketer Group.
- Over the next few years, we will be transforming the transport ecosystem by enabling customer efficiency through operational insight, leading the way in local and national mobility and delivering first-class, frictionless travel experiences.
- Together, the Group is able to offer customers the very latest technology in intelligent transport ticketing, back office software and passenger-facing apps, focusing on providing Real Time Information for use on board, online and on mobile to increase usage of public transport facilities. And today’s numbers are impressive, with our equipment on over 30,000 buses across Europe, over 5.5 million daily passengers using our ticketing system and with 3.5 billion tickets being issued in the UK alone.
We are looking for Embedded Solutions Tester with experience in managing Linux-based test environments and Mobile application testing experience that will join our skilled team.
Who we're looking for?
- Familiar with embedded system testing
- Good experience with setting up and managing Linux based test environments
- Basic experience with version control system
- Experience with bug reporting tools like JIRA
- Experience in Requirements analysis and effort estimation
- ISTQB – Foundation Level
- Good experience with Linux based Operating Systems
- Scripting skills, Bash, Python
- Skill in testing communication protocols
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Good English skills, we use English on a daily basis
NICE TO HAVE -
- Experience in writing automated test in Appium, Selenium
- Basic knowledge of SQL and WebServices
- Experience with test repository tool like TestFLO
- ISTQB – Advanced Level
- Experience in testing on different projects – at least 4 years
- Familiar with testing Android applications
- Basic knowledge of public transport and automotive interfaces
- Knowledge of the common industrial communication interfaces
- Familiar with Internet of Things testing
- Experience in mobile/embedded test automation in CI/CD processes
Flexible working hours
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Bicycle parking