The Enterprise Architecture Analytics team is part of the Group IT Strategy & Architecture function and is therefore responsible for all bank-wide reporting and data analyses concerning the overall IT architecture. This includes regular KPI and metric reporting as well as timely responses to ad-hoc analytical demands. Typical customers are CIOs and Chief Architects as well as a broad community of IT Owners. All these analytics are based on a data hub, which is designed and maintained by the team. Therein, data from several different IT management systems is collected, integrated, harmonized and archived. Enhancing this data hub and establishing common procedures for data consumption is key for the team to expand the scope of possible analytics and to increase efficiency.
As part of a distributed multicultural, team you will have the opportunity to bring your own ideas so that you shape the process of constant improvement of our existing MI/BI solutions.
Currently the team consists of seven people whereof four are located in Switzerland and three are located in Poland. Responsibilities are mostly structured end-to-end topic-wise. Each SME is taking care about design, operations (data processing, data visualization, reporting) as well as customer interaction. Therefore, people have diverse backgrounds related to data analytics. The team works agile and follows the SCRUM methodology.
Your role is to provide fact-based and data-driven insights about the bank IT landscape to support strategic decision-making processes. Therefore, you will design and implement data-intensive software solutions to support strategic and operational IT management decisions both, on a regular and an ad-hoc basis. You will cover the full data value stream, i.e. requirements elicitation, solution design, execution planning, implementation and communication for several topics, e.g. IT Complexity, End of Service Lifecycle Management, Technical Debt, IT productivity, investment monitoring and risk topics. Timely data availability, data visualization, data quality and in-depth testing will also be part of your responsibility as senior data engineer.
Who we're looking for?
- Proven by a degree in computer science or a related subject you know what challenges data provide and how information systems need to be built to solve them.
- 3+ years hands-on experience working with relational databases (MS SQL preferable).
- Story telling with data experience. You should know how to derive and communicate insights from data to a management audience, e.g. by using tools like Tableau.
- Drive for quality. You admire precision and accuracy and advocate for test-driven development and clean code.
- An agile and DevOps mindset. You encourage teamwork, changing priorities, proactive behavior and self-organization while thriving for automation whenever possible.
- Proficiency in English with professional communication skills to build strong relations with stakeholders.
- Programming experience in at least one of the following: Python, Java, R, Scala.
- Experience in Apache Spark and the Hadoop ecosystem.