Our client is not a usual Swiss bank. It's a leading provider of online financial and trading services in the FinTech industry. The first financial platform it launched in 1996 offered free access to prices for all securities traded on the Swiss stock exchange. Today, it is the largest financial portal in Switzerland. Since 2012, we have collaborated with the client to build innovative and state-of-the-art digital solutions to help customers meet their investment needs. We continuously evolve our solutions to atomic microservices and self-contained systems, based on dockerized environments with CI and CD.
Product we build for our client is a web application used directly by traders working on Forex platform. It's a high load system using Akka with huge amount of analytics serving by Big Data. UI is built on React flavored with latest JS features in conjunction with Redux and D3.js to create WOW-effect widgets.
Our organization: we are working as Scrum teams, 5-7 people in each team [all team members working with back and front end parts of the solutions], supported by local Business Analysts. Daily you will communicate with our client's stakeholders on Stand Ups, status and other meetings, following best practices of Agile processes. As communication tools we are using: video conferences (Zoom, Vidyo), Rocket.Chat and other tools.
- Growth opportunities: local trainings, webinars on demand and workshops, compensated conferences and certifications, contribution to open source frameworks;
- Competitive compensation with yearly review based on professional growth and performance;
- Fun and life balance: team and corporate team buildings, hackathons;
- Local infrastructure: powerful workstations (no VDIs), sweets and cookies, modern office, communication space, sport and relax rooms, game zone, multiple restaurants and shops.
If you are proactive, creative and ready for new challenges - welcome in our team, will improve quality of product, process together with team and client.
- Development of new applications
- Implementation of new features for existing products
- Resolving performance issues
- Developing unit/integration tests
- Code review
- Participation in Scrum events with the client
- Code quality control
Who we're looking for?
- At least 4+ years of proven experience in Software Developer position
- Java core, Java 8 features
- OOP/OOD knowledge, design patterns
- Unit testing frameworks (JUnit, Mockito)
- Spring framework, IOC
- RESTfull services
- Java-based application servers (e.g. Tomcat)
- SQL knowledge, any RDBMS, Oracle is a plus
- ORM, Hibernate in particular
- Experience in finance/banking
- Experience with Docker
- Unix usage experience
- Maven and Distributed SCM (GIT, Mercurial)
- CI tools experience (Jenkins)
- Proven knowledge of ReactJS, Redux