You will be joining a team of BAs jointly responsible for the functional design of the strategic WCAT IT framework. You will also collaborate closely with many other teams involved on the project including business users, Finance change, front office quants and IT, Finance IT agile teams.
We are a small supportive team of BAs, and we are proud of the analysis methodology that we have evolved over the course of the program so far. We recognize the critical importance of good functional design to the production of good software and to the delivery of value to the business. As such we look to continuously improve our methodology and our individual analysis skills.
We are looking for an experienced IT business analyst to work within Finance IT on a high-profile project to deliver a Profit and Loss / Product Control IT solution. You will be part of a global team of business analysts helping to design and build a critical strategic IT framework for financial control workflow and automation.
On a day-to-day basis you will be meeting with business to understand business processes and requirements, rationalizing these requirements and incorporating them into our strategic functional model, and collaborating with development teams on application design and build. Our functional analysis and specification approach involves use of BPMN, BDD, GWTs, entity modelling and data process diagrams and UI mockups.
Who we're looking for?
- Working with users to understand business requirements
- Rationalising diverse requirements into standardised functional solutions
- Business Process Modelling (BPMN)
- Data flow diagrams and data entity modelling
- Basic appreciation of UI design
- BDD (behaviour driven development) and the Given When Then approach to specifications
- Agile methodology and close collaboration with business and IT teams.
- Collaborating effectively across diverse teams and levels
- Organising and driving your work.
- Finance business basics: ledger, accounting, P&L control
- 2-3 years' experience working as a business analyst