We design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. Our people are at the center, discovering, co-creating, and strengthening. We push ourselves and each other to seek better, to go further, and we carry this energy to our customers. In October 2020, IBM announced it's intention to separate the IT Infrastructure Services unit of its Global Technology Services division into a new, separate public company, creating two industry-leading companies - IBM and Kyndryl. The spin-off is expected to be completed by the end of 2021. To find out more about Kyndryl, including information relating to privacy, please visit Kyndryl.com.
Please be aware Kyndryl will continue to use some IBM systems for a certain period after spin-off. This means when you sign up to either the IBM or Kyndryl candidate portal, you will have the benefit of being able to see and apply for IBM and Kyndryl jobs and to access information about IBM and Kyndryl jobs you have applied to, for a limited period from either candidate portal. If you have already signed up as a candidate on IBM’s portal, please continue to use this account to access IBM and Kyndryl jobs.
- Quality Manager's role is required to guide, police and implement FDA Compliance procedures relating to BAU & RFS Projects.
- Support quality management and change management activities on IT projects and programs
- Conducting quality reviews of IT systems and processes, writing, reviewing and approving the required documentation and ensuring compliance with regulations, standards and clients’ quality management systems
- Identify errors or deficiencies in IT systems and processes and drive continuous improvement
- Writing, reviewing and implementing IT procedures, processes and working instructions
- Support testing, documentation and change management activities as well as risk assessments and risk mitigations
- Work with the Regulatory Compliance Officer on a daily basis to understand major issues on projects and the current situation on the account,
- Prepare and present timely status reports to the client and internal senior management
- Collaborate with clients and stakeholders to provide the required compliance documentation
Who we're looking for?
- Very good command of English: both written and spoken
- The position requires extensive GxP pharmaceutical skills & experience and detailed knowledge of FDA Compliance processes
- Experience in Service Management (tools, processes and best practices)
- Experience in ServiceNow tool
- Effective communication skills and leadership skills
- Maintaining and reinforcing client relationship
- Very good organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Proactive attitude and focus on results
- Willingness to learn
- Team player
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Financial bonus
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking