About the client: Our client is a UK subsidiary of a global financial house working in multiple markets and asset classes.
About the project: We are looking to expand our team with a Senior Window Server Engineer. Successful candidate will become a part of a client team responsible for all aspects of the Windows Server estate across the client's organization
About our team: Rapidly expanding group developing and supporting a range of client projects.
About working environment: Our team primary locations are Kiev, Warsaw. We are working remotely in client environment. Currently the team operates fully in WFH mode.
Main Purpose of the Role :
- Responsible for identifying, troubleshooting and remediating security issues on Windows Server related technologies across the estate.
- To ensure systems adhere to strict compliance across the estate.
- Part of a team providing ongoing support internationally.
- Implementation of automated solutions whilst merging multiple entities to one within MUFG.
- Assisting with Project deliveries.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Windows Server estate across the BANK
- Deploy Windows Security patches and software updates. This will involve evening and weekend working.
- Identify, troubleshoot & remediate vulnerabilities on all Windows server devices.
- Provide support to Infrastructure, Infosec & Risk Management teams when called upon.
- Update process & procedure documentation to enable effective Vulnerability Management program.
- Support customer requirements through ticket-based task management.
- Take part in daily health and compliance checks for all Production systems as required.
- Validate monitoring alerts are detected promptly and satisfactorily resolved.
- Ensure sufficient capacity is available to accommodate projected BAU & project growth.
- Respond to emails sent to the team distribution list in a timely manner.
- Handle incidents and requests with efficiency and a "customer first" mindset.
- Maintain Windows Server platforms in a highly available, reliable, secure and performant manner.
- General maintenance activities.
- Provide technical support to application support and development teams.
- Provide consultancy to application support and development teams.
- Maintain all operational procedures to ensure they are current and accurate.
- Take part in On-Call & weekend work rotation; triaging and addressing production issues as they arise.
- Identify cost saving and optimisation opportunities across the group.
- Build strong working relationships across the organization.
- Adhere to the core values of the bank.
Who we're looking for?
- Windows Server 2k8 / 2k12 / 2k16 / 2k19 related technologies.
- An understanding of the Vulnerability Management lifecycle.
- Security hardening principles in line with CIS industry benchmarks.
- Excellent knowledge of networking, storage, database and virtualization layers.
- Clustering and high-availability technologies.
- Security and auditing.
- Knowledge of data security governance and regulations such as GDPR and SOX.
- TCP/IP Networking Protocols & tools.
- Ivanti LANDesk.
- Active Directory / Group Policy Administration.
- Understanding of DNS.
- Service Now.