Senior Software Engineer (SDKs)
- 16 000 - 19 000 PLN net / month
Our ideal person is someone that is a devotee to the Java Virtual Machine (JVM). This person should also enjoy using SDKs in various programming languages and likes to stay current in the latest technology trends. Someone that fully grasps the JVM, understands at minimum Java and another JVM based language (Kotlin, Scala, Groovy, etc). Someone that understands the best SDK is one that has the best developer experience and knows how to create an experience by creating SDKs that can provide this. They have strong opinions and awareness of popular programming language and framework patterns and best practices.
To be specific, a strong candidate would have:
- Minimum 4 years experience in writing modern applications with a JVM based language.
- Expertise in both web and server-side development.
- Strong software design skills with deep knowledge of architecture and design patterns.
- Expert knowledge of best practice software development methodologies and coding standards.
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Very comfortable maintaining and creating a solid and easy to understand code foundation for developers to use.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently on complex problems.
- Patience to work with internal and external developers using PubNub’s SDKs
- Past experience writing an SDK on top of a REST API
- A familiarity with the open source community and how they would use an SDK to evaluate a product or a solution
- Proficient in writing applications in multiple programming languages
- Fluency in Java, Kotlin and Android development
- Previous start-up or small company experience
- REST API
- Java or Kotlin or Android
Project you can join
PubNub is a globally distributed "data stream" network, a cloud service that developers use to build and scale real time applications. We power hundreds of millions of devices with billions of daily real time transactions in social apps, online auctions, multi-player games, financial services, telecom infrastructure, and e-commerce to name a few. PubNub is also used as the communication backbone of many Internet of Things (IoT) solutions for home automation, connected cars, retail, transportation, etc.
We are an all-star technical team consisting of folks who have been part of successful acquisitions in enterprise and consumer software companies. If you like hyper scale systems and engineering projects that redefine limits, PubNub is for you.
We are looking for an experienced engineer who is passionate about how developers interact with other systems using SDKs. This engineer will be very well versed in modern application architectures and will have used a number of SDKs from different programming languages or frameworks.
At PubNub, we have over 70 SDKs in various programming languages and frameworks. As a Senior Software SDK Engineer, you will have many opportunities to learn and grow the programming languages in your repertoire. Come talk to us and we’ll tell you more.
- Work collaboratively with product management and other stakeholders to drive the architecture and design of various SDKs and their features with the PubNub platform.
- Ensure our SDKs are maintained to adhere to the best developer experience and language constructs as possible
- Design and implement new SDKs and features in collaboration with product management and the rest of the SDK Team
- Assist our fantastic Solution Architects and Support teams on best practices of how to use PubNub SDKs as well as application best practices
- Unlimited vacation day - rest and relaxation are important to us, take it when you need it.
- Team retreats - at least once during a year we are going to visit our colleagues from Silicon Valley
- Brand new office - in the heart of Katowice, with a chill room, collaborative area and a lot of space to just work effectively
- Flat structure - there is no problem to discuss your problem directly with anyone, starting from the CEO
- Additional monitor
- Personal container
- Freedom to pick your tools
- Tech supervisor
- Open space
- Separate rooms
- Dress code
- Flexible working hours
- Remote possible: 20%
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Chill room
- Playroom for children
- Integration events