(GBM IT) Senior Software Engineer – Front Arena
Project you can join:
We are looking for Application Specialists for our third party cross asset trading and risk management application suite FIS Global FrontArena. This application development and maintenance team is practicing agile DevOps practices. The colleagues are closely connected with our Germany-based business analysts, application managers and product managers. Regular video conferences as well as visits to Düsseldorf and Krakow will support good knowledge transfer and agile team collaboration.
Your daily tasks:
- You and your teammates are responsible for all aspects of delivering software to your users:
- Application full stack ownership for FIS Global FrontArena
- Application Development and Maintenance for XML and python based integrations to the FrontArena suite
- Automating testing and deployment of small and frequent releases.
- Speaking to product owner and business on features and requirements.
- Identify areas for improvement and drive change through to completion.
- Actively participate in a self-organized DevOps team.
- Production availability of your service – if you build the service you own the service!
The way we work:
- All our teams work in ‘pods’ of 4-8 developers and work closely with a business Product Owner.
- We are not ‘order takers’ but responsible for the service we are developing.
For us that means:
- All our teams strive to do continuous delivery – we do small, incremental releases and follow agile practices.
- We are empowered to use technology and tools to automate as much as possible.
- We build small services and strive to break up monolithic systems where we have them.
- Each small team is responsible for everything from the requirements to the development to running it in Production. If we build it we own it.
Who we're looking for?
- Experience in object-oriented programming (C# preferred) and design patterns
- Experience with databases using SQL
- Experience using Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment
- Experience with Agile development techniques (Test Driven Development, spec by example, Scrum, Kanban)
- Degree with IT focus (Business Information Systems, Informatics, Mathematics, Economathematics, Business Administration with IT focus, engineering with IT focus) or an equivalent qualification
- Understanding of Financial and Banking applications or related business experience
- English at least B2
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Python and XML messaging
- German is a plus
- Healthcare package for families
- Healthcare package
- Life insurance
- Medical consultations in our office
- Employee assistance programme
- Free sport clubs
- Fitness, yoga and massages in office
- Multisport card
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages
- In-house language courses
- Financial and technology academy
- Access to leading e-learning platforms
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking