The Network Engineer is responsible for managing and maintaining network infrastructure, VoIP infrastructure, and network monitoring applications and tools. In addition, this person is responsible for coordinating with others in the organization such as Data Hosting, Development, IT, and Processing to ensure operational needs are fulfilled and performing activities related to the operations and monitoring of KLDiscovery’s internal and external network availability and performance.
- Assisting in information gathering and architecting solutions to fulfill various functional and performance requirements, including but not limited to: storage, networking, VoIP, and other pieces of infrastructure and systems
- Implementing/maintaining network security controls.
- Automating deployment and patching using industry dev / ops best practices
- Participating in the on-call rotation
- Interacting closely with KLDiscovery teams to understand needs and develop, implement, and communicate network design and support
- Triaging, investigating and troubleshooting of issues by determining root cause and remediate issues and take proactive measures to prevent future occurrences
- Adhering to change management procedures, including review, coordination, communication, implementation and follow-up procedures as they relate to KLDiscovery and industry standard best practices
- Demonstrating the ability to work in a highly visible, fast paced environment with minimal supervision and major responsibility
- Staying up to date with technology and best practices where applicable, including but not limited to: security, performance, and value
- Documenting systems designs, configuration, and troubleshooting guidance by writing and visualizing relevant information and creating environmental handbooks
- Communicating updates and issues in a direct and timely manner via email, phone, tickets, and in person
- Meeting or exceeding completion dates and requirements of projects and milestones
- Having the ablility to travel via conventional means including local, regional, and/or international travel
Who we're looking?
- 5+ years of Network Operational Support
- Experience implementing and supporting secure network infrastructure solutions
- Experience with WAN connectivity protocols and solutions including but not limited to: MPLS, OSPF, BGP, SD-WAN, PTPs, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of layer 2 technologies including but not limited to: STP, VPC, MLAG, 802.3ad, ARP, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of load balancing technologies, NAT/PAT, ACLs, traffic shaping.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot multi-vendor, network issues
- Strong communication skills to interact effectively with engineers from other depts. as well as vendors and executives
Highly desirable skills:
- Experience with Cisco, Meraki, NGINX / F5, Palo Alto, SilverPeak, Zabbix & Aruba
- Experience in a start-up environment strongly preferred
- CCNA/CCNP or equivalent a plus
- Cisco Unified Communications is a plus
- Healthcare package
- Leisure package
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages