- Provide technical judgement and solutions through the whole lifecycle of IT systems running IBM AIX and Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system.
- Maintain communication with main stakeholders responsible for delivery of IT services in this area.
- Communicate, cooperate and coordinate resolution of hardware of software incidents and faults with IT hardware and software vendors.
- Implement, deliver and test complex IT components and critical IT infrastructure using good practices, procedures and pre-approved documents to support business units in Global ERP, GMS and Corporate areas.
- Maintain proactive and regular communication with main stakeholders should any technical issues or risks be found that would influence health of IT systems or IT service delivery.
- Suggest, plan, develop and implement Change Requests using ITIL good practices.
- Assure that all requests or incidents reported by internal customers in Remedy system are being resolved according to agreed SLA.
- Act as an instructor or mentor for peers, providing guidance for process, tools and ways of working and good practices in mission-critical IT infrastructure technical support.
- Proactively monitor and act in advance to reduce risk of possible technical issues, often engage with engineering department providing technical findings and possible solutions.
- Understanding of complex IT infrastructure systems architecture.
- Work during weekends and after office hours. Be ready for off-hours on-call duties.
- Create technical documents and IT systems configuration packages. Act as Subject Matter Expert in periodic reviews of already existing documents.
Poznan Tech Hub is GSK worldwide biggest IT center hiring about 700 highly-skilled IT professionals. We are part of GSK, which aspires to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. At Poznań Tech Hub we build a truly international team which provides services to all GSK locations around the world. Our talented IT experts have a unique opportunity to contribute to the entire product life cycle from research and development, through manufacturing, to commercialization and support salesforce of new vaccines, medicines and healthcare products.
It is a great time to join GSK Tech Hub in Poznan. We value courage, accountability, development and teamwork. You will be encouraged to experiment and collaborate across teams to bring innovation to our every day job. We are open to candidates with various levels of experience - whether you are a seasoned specialist with deep expertise or a graduate looking to kick start your career. Help us to lead in Technology to improve lives of patients and consumers around the world.
Person working on this position is responsible for day-to-day reactive and proactive maintenance, delivery and testing of new servers running AIX and Linux operating systems hosting critical business applications (e.g. CERPS).
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Contract of employment
- Attractive reward package (annual bonus & awards for outstanding performance, recognition awards for additional achievements and engagement, holiday benefit)
- Life insurance and pension plan
- Private medical package with additional preventive healthcare services for employees and their eligible
- Sports cards (Multisport)
- Possibilities of development within the role and company’s structure
- Personalized learning approach (mentoring, online trainings’ platforms: Pluralsight, Business Skills, Harvard Manage Mentor, Skillsoft and external trainings)
- Extensive support of work life balance (flexible working solutions, short Fridays option, health & wellbeing activities)
- Supportive community and integration events
- Modern office with creative rooms, fresh fruits everyday.
- Free car and bike parking, locker rooms and showers.
Who we're looking for?
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunication, Electronics
- At least 3 years in a company environment, maintaining computer infrastructure made of at least 100 servers.
- Knowledge AIX operating system or other UNIX operating systems will be used on a daily basis to resolve technical incidents and requests from users working on these systems.
- Knowledge of other IT technologies will be used for effective cooperation with other service teams.
- Knowledge of IT systems architecture will be needed in case of analysis of performance issues that require broader view and knowledge of design and architecture of complex IT systems.
- Knowledge of basics of ITIL will be used on a daily basis to handle ticket-based assignments. Any changes implemented on IT systems by this person have to be planned, documented, compliant and implemented under governance of GSK’s Change Management policies.
- Knowledge of basics of IT security will be needed for analysis of security vulnerabilities reports. Person working in this role will also propose and implement fixes of security flaws in supported IT systems.
- Knowledge of IT Systems testing will be used during qualification testing of new IT systems. Person working in this role will execute GSK’s IT systems tests to verify and validate newly delivered IT components.
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Hot beverages