Senior UI Developer
Purpose of the Role The new Java engineering team in Krakow will be responsible for both the development and maintenance of the microservices Collateral platform. HSBC is seeking a senior GUI Engineer to join this team to perform the following:
- Develop frameworks so that other less experienced GUI developers in team can easily implement new screens and front ends,
- Leadership role for GUI practices and principles across the wider development team,
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle,
- Adopt DevOps and Agile principles,
- Ensure test-driven development and close collaboration with QA team members,
- Focus on improving the development team velocity and quality,
- Support the platform: incident resolution, monitoring, problem management,
- Develop automated tooling to improve support functions.
Overview HSBC is the largest bank in Europe and is also one of the largest investment banks in the world. GBM IT provides technology solutions for its Global Banking and Markets business worldwide.
Collateral and margining is a business critical function within the bank. The Collateral IT team provide the technology to enable the margining function across thousands of HSBC clients globally every day.
We are part way through a multi-year plan to build a brand new Collateral platform which will eventually replace the current platform. The new collateral platform comprises micro services leveraging the latest open source infrastructure.
Technologies used by the team include: Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Java 8, Angular 7, TypeScript, Message Queues, REST APIs, Ansible and increasingly Google Cloud Platform.
HSBC and Collateral are heavily investing in an Agile culture with adoption of DevOps processes, CI/CD pipeline and Cloud Technologies. Collateral IT is looking to initiate a brand new development team in Krakow in 2019 as part of a long term strategy to develop and support its platform in Europe.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team in its early stages and make a key contribution.
Who we're looking for?
- Experience with AngularJS and Angular + TypeScript,
- Self-motivated and willing to learn new technologies and business domain,
- 3+ years working in an Agile and/or DevOps team,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Test driven development using Karma and Jasmine,
- Proven track record of working on significant projects from conception to completion,
- Ability to translate functional requirements into technical solutions,
- Should be able to provide innovative solutions to complex business problems.
Desirable Skills/ Experience • Styling tools: LESS, Bootstrap,
- Build tools: gulp, webpack, npm,
- Version control: Git,
- Basic knowledge of Java Spring, Maven, Relational Databases,
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, e.g. TeamCity,
- Experience using microservices with REST APIs.