Project Engineer, Source Code System Administrator
In this position your will work within a team that is responsible for identification, implementation and upkeep of the engineering tools used throughout Rockwell. This position will be focused on the development tools, specifically the source code tools. You will be responsible to ensure the source code tools are available for developers and meet all Rockwell Security standards. You will perform server upgrades, install patches, manage users, and trouble shoot problems. This includes a variety of source code solutions, includes GitLab, ClearCase, and Subverson (SVN). You will work with engineering teams to understand current issues and identify future needs of these teams. You will work the SCM product owner to ensure the source code management solutions meets the needs and expectations of the engineering community. You will work with teams who are adopting our enterprise wide source code management solution.
- Perform all administrative duties for all Source Code Management systems within the Engineering Operations group.
- Perform system upgrades
- Apply patches
- Implement a disaster and recover strategy
- Implement a performance monitoring and alerting system
- Work with users to diagnose and resolve issues
- Maintain a QA system to test significant changes to the configuration
- Provide migration support from legacy system to Gitlab, including ClearCase, and Subversion
- Implement and manage integrations between various development tools and the SCM system
- Keeps informed of new developments in the software engineering and computer engineering fields and disseminates appropriately through the organization. Identifies and participates in technical and developmental training opportunities.
- Researches, considers, and explores new possibilities utilizing the latest technologies and standards. May function as a go-to person for a technology, software methodology or other area of expertise.
- Initiates or contributes to software development efficiency improvement in the areas of software development practices and development tools.
- Clearly communicates and conveys design concepts, both verbally and written. Also able to learn and understand complex system concepts.
- Effectively teams with others through mutually supportive professional relationships, open and direct communications, honesty and respect. Able to cope with and leverage stylistic differences and differences of opinion.
Who we're looking for?
- BS degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8 years in a software product development environment
- Experience in the administration of developer tools including ClearCase, GitLab, and Subversion
- Experience in providing technical support to users
- Linux/Unix user and admin experience
- 1+ years Agile software development using Scrum
- Experience with DevOps theories and practices
- Previous technical feature team leadership
- Leadership experience
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking