Software Engineer (Backend PHP)
Here at GOG.com we combine hard work, dedication, and passion for gaming to bring the best digital distribution platforms to millions of gamers around the globe. We’re here to make a difference in the way you buy and play your games – through our hand-picked selection of fresh new titles and all-time classics, a belief that you should own the things you buy, and utmost care about gamers. That is our quest, and we're all companions. GOG.com seeks talented PHP Engineers to join one of our three teams:
1. Architects, developing core services used by all our projects like: Push Notifications, CDN, Images Service, Cloud Saves, Shared Session and in-house analytics system.
2. GOG Galaxy, developing server side software that powers many GOG Galaxy functionalities, including: a centralized account system, matchmaking for multiplayer, backend for achievements and leaderboards, as well as game installs and updates.
2. WEB, developing and maintaining most of the web-front features available on the GOG.com platform.
Who we're looking for?
- 3+ years’ experience in web development.
- Mastery in PHP7.
- Expertise in handling MySQL databases and query/table optimisations.
- Strong understanding of best security practices.
- Experience in source control systems and deployment processes (Git, Git-Flow, CI).
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- An overwhelming desire to code the best web services on the Internet.
- Nice to have: passion for gaming, game services, and online communities.
How we work?
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking