Technical skills we value
Allegro is the most popular Polish shopping destination with about 14 million users monthly and over 750 thousand items sold on the platform daily. We are most of all a marketplace where companies can sell their products but auctions are available as well. In 2015 we started our own e-tail operations and they are constantly growing, adding more complexity and scale to our platform. Allegro is also getting more and more mobile, with over 47 million mobile searches monthly and over 130 thousand items bought on mobile devices every day.
Making a site like this work requires a lot of engineering and as the site grows, we learn and adopt new technologies. What started out as a monolithic application written in PHP is now migrating towards an ecosystem of loosely coupled microservices written in Java and other JVM languages running in the cloud. Creating a scalable and distributed system at this scale brings about many challenges which make our work interesting.
What you would create with us?
We are building distributed, scalable, resilient, web scale systems.
Why it's worth to work with us
- We are serious about micro-services (400+) and scale (13.5k rps), we deal with BigData (petabytes of data) and experiment with Machine Learning
- Join a team of 600 excellent software engineers who have shared their experience during numerous tech conferences such as Devoxx PL, GeeCon PL and Prague, Confitura, Agile By Example, Agile India 2016 (Bangalore), Mesos Con (Denver), Atmosphere and contribute to the allegro.tech blog
- Every year, over 100 software engineers participate in conferences that take place in Poland and abroad (Europe and US); each team has a budget for training and books, so if you want to improve your skills, we will support you
- We actively contribute to Polish tech communities (Java, Python, Devops) by organizing training sessions/workshops and giving lectures in Poznań, Warsaw, Toruń and Kraków
- 40 open source projects, 3391 github stars
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Chill room
- Playroom for children
- Integration events
We are recruiting
Tweets from @allegrotech
Do you want to try, how visual search works? Join us today&tomorrow during ML in PL Conference -the biggest Machine… https://t.co/QAnIVQtBwM
Paweł Wolak about frontend at Allegro, AGH Krakow 😎👌