A role with a large-scale impact
Egnyte is a product-focused company, not a software outsourcing business. We build and maintain our flagship software used by companies like Red Bull and Yamaha. We help businesses navigate the complex world of content and data management. Egnyte provides customers with secure access to 100% of their business files from any device, regardless of where those files physically reside.
Your job will be to make meaningful contributions to two parts of our platform: Egnyte Protect and Egnyte Connect.
If you think you might be a good addition to our team, this is what you'll do as a Senior Frontend Software Engineer at Egnyte:
- Developing system components throughout the whole product lifecycle. Your task will be to build user interfaces that are usable and informative. In order to do that, you’ll need to combine and process data from different parts of the system. Building a scalable and maintainable product used by over 350 thousand users every day
- Influencing the development strategy and technologies of a global product deployed on hundreds of servers around the world
- Supporting other team members to help them fulfill their potential
- Leading and owning projects end to end, from design to deployment
- Collaborating with other frontend developers to design, architect, implement, and build a frontend project
- Being part of a professional team collaborating with QA and backend developers
- Cooperating closely with UX designers and product owners to bring state-of-the-art frontend experience of a product.
- Coming up with your own ideas for product enhancement and productivity boosts
We’re building enterprise software for companies of all sizes. It means that every day we’re dealing with a large scale. We build our apps with React, we use SASS and CSS modules for styling, Webpack for bundling, Jest, and Enzyme for testing, and Redux with Sagas for state. We do have some older bits of tech in our stack too, like Backbone with Marionette, but we’re actively working on removing them from our codebase.
Since our app is fairly complex, we care about writing a fair amount of tests for it. We have thousands of unit and functional tests and this number is getting bigger. We are aiming to move to continuous delivery when our coverage is satisfactory. Our app is used by thousands of people every day—it’s a tool for them to do their job which is why we care a lot about not having any regressions in the app. We also support IE11, so we have to think about cross-browser compatibility.
As engineers, we have strong product ownership. It means we are part of product development from early designs to deployment and monitoring. This allows us to have a deep conversation with Design and Product teams about not only how we build things but also what we build.
Who we're looking for?
- Hands-on experience designing and developing highly scalable applications from both functional and performance perspective
- Knowledge of ES6+, HTML5, CSS3
- Experience with React ecosystem (our stack is based on React, Redux, Webpack)
- Practical experience with TDD
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Adaptability in a dynamic environment
- Practical experience with unit testing and end-to-end automation
- Healthcare package
- Leisure package
- Opcje na akcje