Stats Perform collects the richest sports data in the world and transforms it through revolutionary artificial intelligence (AI) to unlock the most in-depth insights for media and technology, betting and team performance. With company roots dating back almost 40 years, Stats Perform embraces and solves the dynamic nature of sport – be that for digital and broadcast media with differentiated storytelling, tech companies with reliable and fast data to power their own innovations, sportsbooks with in-play betting and integrity services, or teams with first-of-its-kind AI analysis software. As the leading sports data and AI company, Stats Perform works with most of the top global sports broadcast companies, tech companies, sportsbooks, teams and leagues.
The Tier-3 engineering team diagnoses and solves technical issues at 3rd level of software support, escalates to other internal teams, and at times, collaborates with external providers.
Members of the Tier-3 team provide technical assistance and remote troubleshooting as part of a global 24/7/365 support organization. The important part of the job is to detect, investigate, recreate and resolve problems. The team tracks defects through internal systems, sets up test environments to reproduce issues, tests solutions and implements the solutions. The Tier-3 team mentors Tier-2 and Tier-1 support teams, and updates technical documents for internal and public use.
Tier-3 engineers work closely with other systems analysts, developers, sports subject matter experts and product owners to improve customer satisfaction. Members of the Tier-3 team are continually challenged and have an opportunity to contribute to the Stats Perform success every day, working closely with customers, other Tier-3 teams in different parts of the world, other technical support organizations as well as with development teams. They take pride of their work and the desire to please the customers.
WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT:
In this exciting position, you will provide the highest level of technical support for video, data feeds and professional-team analysis software. We are looking for drivers of excellence, highly skilled problem-solvers, who in addition to resolving issues, will lead through disseminating knowledge throughout our global organization, and sharing best practices. We are looking for developers who find a creative outlet through problem-solving. Who are team members first. Who enjoy learning as much as teaching. Who embody the mission of serving clients.
You will support world-class sports products and live services for our customers across a wide range of sports around the world. You will work with a range of technologies which have supported our clients for years and those powering our new platform at the leading edge of the sports software industry.
Our technology stack is built around these technologies (but not only):
- Java, .NET, PHP, Python
- Spring Boot based Java Services
- Oracle DB, MySQL, MS SQL Server
- ELK stack
- AWS stack
- Docker, Kubernetes
- GitHub, Jenkins
The support provided by individual engineers requires broad technical knowledge and benefits from specializing in one or more technologies.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Monitor system performance and functionality and resolve any issues or failures in multiple environments
- Problem solve across multiple disciplines including API development, data engineering, machine learning, and cloud.
- Act as escalation point for medium to complex issues that have not yet been documented as standard operating procedures.
- Partner with development teams in defining and implementing improvements in service architecture and functionality.
- Contribute to improve the problem resolution process, with the goal to eventually prevent the problem happening again.
- Contribute to comprehensive documentation that supports high quality
- Share technical or other skills (techniques, technologies, etc.) within and between teams and a willingness to coach new team members.
- Be value and customer oriented, focus on how we can bring value to our customers.
- Take the initiative and responsibility for your projects
Who we're looking for?
- Strong technical background in writing SQL queries
- Professional curiosity and a desire to a develop deep understanding of services and technologies.
- Ability to be a good team player and the willingness to learn and implement new cloud technologies as needed
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant industry experience in similar position
- A BS or MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computational Statistics, Physics, or equivalent
- English language skills
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages