About this Position
The Senior Software Architect is responsible for all aspects of the software design and development. Delivery of all technical aspects of software architecture into the product design. The project we are hiring for is an IoT connected edge device, which has machine learning abilities, OTA, 5G networking and encryption built in. Device is constantly plugged into the vehicle, analyzing data in realtime, and sending relevant data onto the cloud where it’s processed further. It also has the ability to aid root cause analysis remotely. You will be responsible for architecting of the embedded software, as well as helping with development of the hardware itself. You will liaise with cyber security experts, development team, and more. You will be the most senior technical owner of this product.
Function of the role is to deliver production intent, automotive grade software to enable connectivity and security for future vehicles and mobility solutions.
- Drive software architecture and design
- Mentor and teach the wider team on current information pertaining to software architecture, design and development
- Collaborate with the systems and hardware teams to support system bring-up, integration and testing
- Serve as lead and mentor for new software engineers joining the project team
- Help us advance mobility, save lives and improve our planet
- See effects of your work in showrooms of almost every car seller
- Learn new technologies thanks to the collaboration with our customers’ technical centers
Who we're looking for?
- Extensive experience in automotive software design and development experience
- Very experienced with full life cycle automotive software development
- Experience with IoT or embedded product development
- Great technical mentor
- Expert software designer with extensive, successful track record in conceiving, developing, and deploying innovative software systems. Fluent in mathematics, statistics, geospatial engineering and computer science
- Extensive experience writing and designing software and performing technical reviews of software of less experienced engineers
- Keen analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in connectivity, infotainment, active safety or telematics systems.
- Experience with C, C++, MQTT, Python, Java
- Experience leading and integrating embedded software for AutoSAR, QNX, Embedded Linux, or Embedded C
- Experience with Automotive Systems-on-Chip (SOC) from TI, Renesas, NXP, Qualcomm, Infineon, etc.
- Experience with automotive memory implementations such as; DDR, NAND, NOR, UFS, etc.
- Experience with automotive wireless communication chipsets for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, as well as wireless combination chips from Marvell, Qualcomm, Cypress, etc.
- Experience with automotive Network Access Devices (NAD) from Qualcomm, Intel, Titan, Sierra Wireless, U-box
- Experience with automotive GNSS/GPS/Precise Point Positioning(PPP) and Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) projects for vehicle positioning
- Experience with automotive Cyber Security and/or Functional Safety requirements
- Healthcare package
- Leisure package
- Hot beverages