TendoPay is a Buy Now, Pay Later Fin-Tech startup with offices in Toronto, Canada and Manila, Philippines (www.tendopay.ph). We offer a custom payment gateway system that allows users to spread their online purchases across multiple instalments. TendoPay was created out of a need to assist unbanked customers in developing markets where alternate lending is not an option. From a user end it functions similarly to a Paypal checkout experience. On the administrative end the platform includes options for custom interest, payment schedules, late fees, collections management, credit cheques and custom algorithms for optimizing and mitigating user payback default.
We’re looking for a Senior Full-Stack engineer that will assist us with core product and technical decision making. Expectations are that the candidate will work on the following responsibilities:
- Participate in business and technical discussions internally as well as externally.
- Communicate technical design alternatives, limitations and benefits.
- Conduct requirements analysis, development estimates, testing, and documentation.
- Make internal recommendations to help improve and streamline the technical and architectural processes.
- Develop technical specifications and design documents for client and internal engagements.
- Data modeling.
- Provide technical expertise and maintenance support.
- Manage software development, enhancement, debugging, testing and maintenance of the backend application.
- Make design, code, testing and system quality improvement to backend application programming interface (API).
- Ensure technology standards, patterns and practices are understood and implemented by all teams and partners.
- Mentor and coach the junior developers on quality and security conventions & standards.
- You have strong self-initiative, passion, interpersonal, oral and written communication and collaboration skills with the ability
- You work, influence and make an impact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of the organization
- You have the ability to explain complex technical solutions in an engaging manner to technical and non-technical audiences and to connect technological solutions with measurable business value.
- You set high standards for code quality, performance/scalability and security and seek continuous improvement.
- You actively seek out things outside your comfort zone with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year development (coding) experience in either one of the MVC frameworks (Laravel, Symfony, Yii).
- Experience with Laravel 5.5 and above.
- Coding experience with RESTFul APIs development is required.
- Solid PHP experience is a must.
- Experienced in TDD development practices.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software engineering, web and/or mobile development experience, developing across multiple platforms and has delivered projects as part of a team, preferably as a technical lead.
- Proven history of writing great code and completing complex software enhancements proficiently with a high level of quality.
- understanding and experience with DevOps principles, processes and tools (eg. Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Travis CI).
- Experience designing, developing and consuming RESTful APIs and microservices.
- Experience working with HTML5 and CSS3, responsive design standards.
- Experience with relational databases. (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience working with microarchitectures, SOAP and REST APIs.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in consulting in a professional services environment or agency.
- Experience with Cloud Computing and Serverless Architecture. (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience working with ES6, Vue, webpack and Express.
- Experience working with headless CMS.
- Sufficient knowledge in accounting.
- Remote OK
- 40 hours / week
- Salary to be negotiated
- Hours are flexible as you will be overlapping with different business units across multiple time zones.
At TendoPay we’re building a diverse workplace with inclusive culture and assembling a wonderful team of people passionate about engineering, and creativity. If you have any questions or wish to submit your application please reach out to: jan@tendopay, firstname.lastname@example.org