Principal Oracle DBA - We are looking for a senior, experienced, Oracle Database Administrator to join our SHS Service Operations Oracle Exadata team!
In the role of Principal Oracle DBA, you will act as the SME for Oracle Database administration and support the production and other environments. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create innovative high quality and defect-free solutions to meet our clients’ business needs. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
If you are motivated to learn Oracle Exadata (both physical and virtualized) and you are a person with a positive can-do attitude - this is the opportunity for you! We are currently growing our team to meet the increasing cross-market business demand. By joining, you step into a very exciting project, where you can develop your skills and stamp your mark if you are up to a challenge.
- Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the Oracle/Exadata Database environments (Exadata on-premise and Cloud based ExaCS plus Google Cloud GCE)
- Proactively monitors database environment (via OEM 13cR3) to ensure minimum downtime
- Responsible for enhancements, maintenance and upgrades to the database environment
- Engages in technical problem solving across multiple technologies
- Works with business, architecture, development and technical colleagues to manage and implement changes
- Escalates problems to third-party support when necessary acting as a point of contact.
- Investigates and develops methods for performance optimization and the prevention of recurring problems
- Provides regular trend analysis to track database performance and throughput, for capacity planning purposes
- Develops automated housekeeping and monitoring/alerting tasks to reduce the need for manual intervention.
- Works closely with support team colleagues to ensure that the associated hardware resources for the Database environment are configured for optimum performance and availability
- Develop and maintain runbooks for High Availability and Disaster Recovery tests and is responsible for planning and running these tests.
- Provide database expertise to the development team (internal) regarding development around database technology, covering deployment best practice and configuration for applications
- Work with the architecture team to provide technical expertise to define and implement a global infrastructure to support existing and future projects
Who we're looking for?
- 10+ years of related Oracle DBA experience in Oracle Database Administration and Support
- Experienced with patching Oracle Grid Infrastructure and Oracle Home plus and Exadata ESS (as part of Exadata QFSDP)
- Results focused – ability to work with cross functional teams to complete complex projects and initiatives on time with high quality output
- Excellent analysis, debugging and troubleshooting skills, and persistence in problem solving
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solver
- The role we are offering is composed of Database and Operating System management in one.
The skills required cover:
- Hands on experience in supporting large & highly transactional production databases using Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), ASM and expert in troubleshooting with Grid Infrastructure
- Excellent Oracle database DBA skills (OCP level preferred, no certificate required) in 11gR2, 12c and 19c Administration, Configuration, Performance Tuning, Backup, Restore and Recovery
- Experience of implementing and supporting high availability solutions
- configuration and administration of Data Guard, Standby Database and Golden Gate
- Expert in identifying root cause of the performance issues and providing resolution across all area of database and infrastructure
- Oracle database performance tuning, ADDM, AWR, ASH, TKPROF, Snapper and other tuning tools and methodologies.
- Well experienced in database upgrades
- Backup strategy management as well as DRP creation and testing.
- RMAN backup and recovery, switch over/switch back etc.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 13cR3
- An added advantage if candidate has knowledge and worked on Oracle Engineered Systems like: Exadata, ODA and Oracle Cloud (ExaCS).
- Very good knowledge of Linux operating systems (RedHat, Oracle Enterprise Linux) in terms of administration and configuration (RHCSA level preferred, no certificate required)
- Oracle 11g, 12c or 19c OCP DBA certification is a plus.
- Scripting in ksh/bash or Perl required. SQL queries and PL/SQL programming experience/knowledge is an asset.
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and/or Oracle Cloud (OCI) migration desirable
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages
- Cold beverages