Our client is one of the biggest online retailers worldwide with yearly revenue of £1 billion. We have a long history of relationships and over the years have helped the client to develop web-portals and mobile apps, delivery control systems, staff management tools, data storage and much more. The systems we’ve built together work in production 24/7, contributing to client’s success.
We are looking for a Java Engineer to join the team that will extend support and maintenance of the key internal security product. The product consists of the main service and a group of supporting applications.
A wide range of domain applications within the retail industry relies on the product as a backbone of role-based access and identity management.
Technologies used in the project:
- Java 8, Java 11 for satellite projects
- Spring Framework 5
- JUnit 5. The tests cover the entirety of supported features
The applications are deployed to:
- AWS ECS and use services such as SQS, SNS, S3, and ElastiCache
- Kubernetes with Istio extensions for a few satellite components
- The web user interface presents a tiny fraction of the product’s features and consists of a simple login page (JSP) and a few create/read/update/delete screens.
Together with a team, you will be working on a service for user authentication and the verification of entitlements to perform specific actions in application components. The product implements industry-leading security standards and protocols such as OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, and SAML.
Who we're looking for?
- Experience with OAuth 2.0 integration using multiple grant types.
- Strong interest in modern authentication and authorization practices, protocols, and standards.
- Solid Java programming skills with an in-depth understanding of underpinning techniques.
- Experience in the full Software Development Life Cycle from design to deployment to maintenance.
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and fixing large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience with CI-systems (GitLab CI, TeamCity, Jenkins).
- Spoken English.
Would be a plus:
- Expertise in application security analysis.
- Basic knowledge of running web services at scale.
- Experience with cloud technologies.
- Experience in building RFC-compliant implementations.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience administering/using monitoring systems (New Relic).
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Language courses
- Temporary housing
- Help finding an apartment
- Visa Services
- Flight ticket
- Money for moving expenses
- Adaptation tips